“Would stay in a cheaper hotel over the road next time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #112 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
London, United Kingdom
“Would stay in a cheaper hotel over the road next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in early June. It was a very noisy experience to say the least. Our room faced the bus park over the road and every day we were woken by the sound of reversing buses!! The window also leaked quite heavily when it rained and also let in quite a draft. The windows need replacing!! The concierge team were very knowledgable, friendly and helpful (especially Thomas). A great location, but then again there are many other hotels in similar location...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear EnglishRose_001, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and many thanks for the kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful concierge. My apologies you encountered issues with the window in your room. We are in the process of checking all the rooms in that section of the hotel to find the window you are referring to in order to affect the necessary repairs. I do apologize this marred your perception of our hotel and invite you to contact me upon your next visit to our area so I can insure you are assigned an upgraded room. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to your next visit. Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stayed at the Sheraton for 5 nights in May. The first impressions of the hotel were good with the fire pits and outdoor seating area. The reception staff could have been friendlier and the first time we got lost going back to the room, as all areas look very similar. The room we were allocated was good, only downside was the view - of the bus depot across the road. The hotel is ideally located for Fisherman's Wharf and is only a about 10 min walk to cable car turnarounds. The hotel also has a outdoor heated pool and gym.

Overall a reasonable stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the bus depot!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Scotlandaway, many thanks for your recent review of our hotel and for the 4-star rating of our Cleanliness, Rooms and Location. I do apologize the view from your assigned room was not up to your expectations, but was pleased you found our location near the cable car turnarounds to be optimal. Please feel free to contact me upon your return and I will be happy to block a different view based on your preferences. Thanks again and warm regards,
Biel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I are frequent travelers and stayed the last 4 nights of our trip to the USA in this hotel. The location of the hotel is great, we loved the proximity to Fisherman's Wharf and all the fun places. It appears in a fresh and clean look. Check-in was quick and efficient. The concierges were helpful and friendly. The room had a decent size, although the bathroom was rather small. So far, so good...
We were on the 2nd floor and couldn't believe how noisy this place is! We could hear everyone talking in the hall and the maid vacuum-clean the carpet at 7.30am... but what beats everything is the noise you get from above you. We could impossibly fall asleep one night because of the people staying in the room above us walking around, talking, laughing, opening and closing the closet forever... on 2am we decided to knock at the ceiling (great material, there were crumbles coming down...). One night someone tried to get into our room and when it didn't work, the guy was literally punching our door! My husband then went to the door and asked what the problem was and the old guy then walked away, wrong room! A couple hours later, we were already in bed, the same happened again, this time with some confused lady. Of course this is not the hotel's fault but simply annoying for guests. Last but not least I also mention (as most of you before) the horrendous parking fee of $45 plus tax! We were aware of it when we booked the hotel but we felt that it's a rip-off anyway.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Swibee, thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay at our hotel and your kind comments of our Concierge and Front Desk staff service. I was pleased you found our location to be ideal and you liked our recent renovation's fresh, clean look. I do apologize you experienced a disturbance from a confused guest looking for another room and upstairs neighbor in the middle of the night and that the disturbances affected your perception of the hotel. Please contact me prior to your next visit as I would be pleased to assure we assign a quiet corner upper floor room for your next stay. Thanks again for your review and your patronage, and warm regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed here in March for 5 nights. The check in was prompt and the staff were great. There was a particular employee (although I didn't get her name) who was very helpful to me as I was trying to contact my family who live outside SF and she assisted with the phones and other directions and queries (I spoke with her when I checked in on the Tuesday and then around 8am on 9th March if that helps with working out who she is). She was so friendly and genuinely helpful it was a great start to the trip. Another note regarding the staff, the housekeeping were lovely as well even just in passing. It was a pleasure walking through this hotel as everyone seemed friendly.
The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and especially after long days wandering around I had a great sleep. The room was very clean and fresh. The tea/coffee facilities were good, and it was a nice touch to have bottled water each day considering we were walking around so much.
I enjoyed using the pool and the firepits outside were nice at the end of the evenings. One note I could say about the pool, is to have changing facilities there (or if they were there, more clearly signed) as walking through the hotel with my beach dress over my swimsuit got me some interesting looks!
The location was great, so easy to get buses/cable cars etc and very close to the Wharf.
All in all, I definitely want to stay here when I return to SF.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirsty1703, my thanks for the outstanding 5-star review of our hotel and for your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful reception and housekeeping staff. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper (tm) beds! They are the most comfortable in the industry. I apologize you were unable to locate our pool changing rooms ... they are there, but are tucked away near the pool entrance and easy to miss. We are looking forward to your return visit and wish you all the best. Warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011 via mobile

Was a good place to stay, I maybe be going crazy but I found the staff in the Lobby area (food & bev) area were all a bit snobby and were almost speaking down to myself and other guests. The friendly attitude was lacking. The front office staff were far more friendly. The location is great for fishermans wharf. I would stay again. I'd like to see if they have friendly staff though!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Singleoztraveller, Thank you for your recent review and the 4-star rating! I do apologize you had a less than optimal impression of our restaurant staff and we have since reviewed your comments with our service team in that area to insure they focus on choice of words during guest engagement. We most definitely desire our guests to experience consistently friendly service throughout the hotel, as you noted you did with our front desk staff. Again my thanks for your instructive comments and we look forward to your return visit. Warm regards,
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Despite the ridiculous $45 + tax fee for parking (every hotel in San Francisco charges outrageous parking fees) our two day stay (Saturday and Sunday) was fairly reasonable as San Francisco rates go. The hotel is very conveniently located - just a couple of blocks to Fisherman's Wharf, another few blocks to the cable car turnaround and easy walking to quite a few other spots. Across the street was a Safeway which also was very convenient and just a few steps away from that was the bus service.The rooms were spacious and modern in decor - they were clean, the beds comfy, and the staff very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed sitting outside in the casual firepit seatings the hotel has despite the wind and cold. Unfortunately, a homeless soul would wonder in occasionally and ask for money (something the hotel is trying to stop but hasn't succeeded in - these people are all over the place - you literally trip over them). Despite the high parking fee, valet parking was included in the price, so we said goodbye to the car for two days and didn't worry about it one bit. We got a very decent AAA for our stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Sometimes I just wonder from some reviews if people actually stayed in the same hotel I stayed in..and I consider myself fairly picky.

Room Tip: Stay during the week - avoid weekends
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear Cruisequeengoddess, thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the 4 star rating. I was pleased you enjoyed our unbeatable location and that you found the nearby Safeway and transportation services to be convenient. Thanks also for your kind comments on our service and cleanliness and the recommendation. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff. Thanks again for your visit, safe travels and warm regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip, and couldn't have been happier! The rooms were clean and spacious, the food was good, and the location is perfect. The hotel staff was very helpful in helping us with setting up our conference, and quite efficient. I would definitely stay here again if I return for a personal trip in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Azurberry4, thank you so much for your review headline of "Wonderful" and the 5 star review. Your comments are very much appreciated and I was pleased you found our hotel staff to be helpful and efficient; and that you enjoyed the food and appreciated the cleanliness. I look forward to your return visit and wish you safe travels. Warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!