“great place to stay for a conference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Save Saved
You added San Francisco Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   780 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #48 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Houston, TX
“great place to stay for a conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference at the Moscone Convention Center, and I had no complaints at all about this hotel. You can walk to plenty of places to eat. My room was very comfortable, shower was good, and room service was even decent. It's a little bit far to walk to Fisherman's Wharf, though (and up a pretty steep hill)!

2,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you like small boutique hotels, this one is not for you. The Marriott Marquis is a very large conference and convention hotel in downtown San Francisco but saying that it still manages to deliver first class service and accomodation for solo travellers and families. Loctaated on Fouth and Mission it is minutes from Market Street and the bustle of San Francisco. It is also only a few hundred yard from the BART system which means an $8.50 fare in from the airport against $50-60 in a taxi. Checkin was rapid and friendly and I got a corner room on the 31st floor with views out over the bay and over the city. Room was quite large and well appointed with the typical really good Marriott bed. Desk space was good too and the room had two easy chairs - not usual in a Marriott !! I ate breakfast in the executive lounge and it was good although the lounge itself was more of a restaurant space rather than the more typical layout of sofas and easy chairs of a Marriott lounge in a smaller hotel. Service was always provided with a smile. I also ate in the Bin 55 restaurant bar and the food and service was equally good. I would definitely stay here again on next visit to San Francisco.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The location of this hotel is really what makes it great. We walked everywhere. It is about a 1.5 mile walk to Fisherman's Wharf so you can even walk there if you're up for it. Staff service was decent, they aren't welcoming, but are there to help if necessary. The beds are fantastic, we fell asleep the second we laid down. Food prices are spendy, but that's to be expected, however we were not impressed with the quality of food. Overall, we would stay here again, you can't beat the location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference in late June. The conference facilities are outstanding, although the hotel is starting to look and feel just a bit dated. Nonetheless, it is still a great property!

This hotel is an excellent choice in just about every way. The service is amazing! Very efficient, very helpful staff if not overly friendly. Extremely professional. Check in and check out were quick, smooth and problem-free. I never had to wait for assistance with anything. When I had a problem with the TV in my room, they took care of it immediately.

My room had an updated bathroom, a comfortable bed and a great view. And it was quiet, which is essential for my needs! I was right next to the elevator but never heard it at night. There was a little noise occasionally from the hall, but nothing to complain about. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job of getting in and out without me really noticing them. I would come back from my morning sessions and my room would be refreshed and ready to go!

The hotel has an excellent work-out facility and an olympic sized pool. Best hotel pool I've experienced in some time! Indoors of course. I only have one small complaint; I wish they would have opened the pool a little earlier. It didn't open until 6:00, which didn't leave me a lot of time to use it in the mornings before my sessions. 5:00 a.m. would be better. There isn't a lifeguard anyway. Also, there is a large spa/hot-tub, although I didn't try it. It looked very nice.

The conference food was good but not great. I didn't try the hotel restaurants. There are a lot of great places to eat close by. This hotel is very well located, great for both business and pleasure.

This hotel lives up to its billing and its price, which unfortunately isn't always the case! I highly recommend it, especially if you can get a decent rate!

If you found this review helpful, please give me a helpful vote! Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if you can get it. Better views!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the location of this hotel. Nice conference facility, rooms and gym.
I rated the service with 3 stars, as I have no tolerance for hotels in this price range (>$220/night), that charge $14.95/ day for wireless access. And while printing boarding pass was free, I needed to print one other document (1 page) and I needed to pay for computer rental ($0.40/minute) + $0.55 per printed page.

• Stayed June 2013
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to San Francisco. Walked to almost all the city had to offer. The concierge recommendations were right on. Hotel was clean and had all the amenities.
Highly recommend and will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This has to be one of the best located hotels ever. It has everything you need within 5/10 minutes walk. Shops, restaurants, and even 2 cinemas. The staff are what I expect from Marriott, friendly and helpful. The bed comfortable, the room clean and most importantly quiet. I was overlooking a very busy road but the outside sounds were almost minimal.
If I was to fault anything it was the wifi. It was frustratingly slow and in some parts of the room it just didn't want to play ball. In fact the bathroom was where I had the best reception.
All in all though this has to be one of my favourite hotels and favourite brands. I always enjoy staying here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to San Francisco Marriott Marquis? Share your experiences!