“Location and service, best in SF” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Save Saved
You added San Francisco Marriott Marquis to your Saves list
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   780 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
E-Bundle
Ranked #56 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Venezuela
“Location and service, best in SF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We booked two rooms for our family trip to SF and initially we chose the other Marriott near Union Square, but I changed to this because they guaranteed double beds for our boys. I was right!!! The best location in SF, close to museums, Union Square, the financial district, the Embarcadero and the best shopping/ restaurants area within walking distance.
Rooms were on the big side (kids was a double/double corner room with wonderful views, ours was a king with a beautiful view East) noteworthy: they are starting room renovations (ours were not renovated), but they looked well maintained. The concierge service was helpful and friendly and the lobby staff were very polite.There is a Starbucks in the lobby (love it!!!) In summary, a very nice stay in a wonderful city.
Only con: Wifi was 14$/day, but free in the lobby. Anyway we were on vacation, and would not bother for business matters, but if it was a business trip,I would think of this as a minus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eric H, Sales Department at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear orlando_traveler62,

I am delighted to read that we were able to guarantee your room request and that you and your family had a wonderful time in San Francisco. It is simply our pleasure and our commitment to provide our guests with polite, friendly and helpful service.

Thanks again for choosing the San Francisco Marriott Marquis!

1,901 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel in December. It has the best location, walking distance to everything! The mall, restaurants, movie theatres, church and other sites. The bell desk and Front Desk staff were very helpful! If you don't want to pay for the on-site parking, you can park across the street for half the price. It was a lovely stay and we will stay at this hotel again every time we're in San Francisco. The swimming pool was a great plus since most hotels in San Francisco don't have one.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more roomy. We were on the 38th floor so we have the best view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eric H, Sales Department at San Francisco Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear TerMil17,

I would like to thank you for your recognition of our staff, for your excellent parking tip and for being a loyal guest!

Kind Regards,

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is the best hotel to stay in The City. It's right off the Muni so easy access to get back to the airport after your stay. Great location too as the Powell cable car is within walking distance to take you across town. My family and I always get rooms here when we go visit my brother. We love meeting in the wonderful rooftop lounge with beautiful city views for before dinner cocktails and appetizers before his jazz shows at Martunies bar (another great venue) down the street. Clean rooms, great lounges/restaurants and valet parking. Oh and for those who like Starbucks there is one in the lobby.
Expensive but worth every penny!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just got back from this hotel a couple days ago! I just went for the weekend and it was an amazing location! Right by all the high end shopping - taxi ride to the wharf around $10.

I could tell it is highly used for business travelers and you can see the wear. However, I still thought it was clean and I found the staff to be very helpful!

Didn't try any food but did have a drink at the bar on the top floor. Great place to have a drink to kick off your night! Although a Cosmo is $20. I haven't even seen a $20 Cosmo in New York City.

Decent breakfast in the lounge. Always restocked and service in the concierge lounge was the best!

Great location. Could use some updating. But overall I was extremely pleased with my stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay at the SF Marriott Marquis every year for the same meeting right before Christmas - I love the location, close to Moscone and to Union Square shopping, plus the beds are firm, the rooms are quiet and the internet is blazing fast. I took my family this year - they loved it! I feel like the Marriott staff actively helped me to treat my family to a wonderful San Francisco vacation while I was hard at work - PRICELESS!

The first room we were sent to was on a low floor overlooking the kitchen roof (with all the vents) when we asked for something higher up, we were sent to a 27th floor room with a fabulous view of the bridge and the harbor (the kids were over the moon). With kids, our rooms are never neat as a pin, but the housekeeping ladies were delightful - extra towels and shampoos, plus clean as a whistle, no matter what time hubby and babies made it out of the room. If you have a toddler, you know how important it is to be able to put them down for a nap when it's time (and not have to wait for housekeeping to finish up). We left a big tip every day - and they deserved it. Room service had a kids menu with all the favorites on it - and they were prompt and cheerful, even though the hotel was packed. The concierge was very helpful to my spouse in finding age-appropriate things for the kids to do while I was working. Thank you, SF Marriott!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear co2diva,

It is such a pleasure to read that your and your family enjoyed your stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Our location is near perfect for all types of guests from the business traveler to the vacationing family and we would be delighted to be your favorite hotel in San Francisco!

Kind Regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for three days for a convention. My room was large and nicely appointed. I had a great view of Union Square through the north east windows and a nice view to the south through another set of windows. I felt the hotel was nice, but have stayed at nicer. The convention hall is larger and a bit of a treck back up tot the room. I had to use the fed ex mail center to ship my items back home. It was right there easily accessible to the convention hall, making it very easy. The bell hop was very nice and helpful in finding good restaurants.

Room Tip: Go higher an request an external view room, not one that looks out onto the roof.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently visited San Franciso on business and stayed 5 nights at the Marriott. First impressions; everything you would expect from a Major US city Marriott. Great location, good lobby space, facilities and nice sized, clean rooms.

On the minus side I felt it was let down by an only average bar and dining facilities. Both very expensive. Lack of 24 hour room service really surprised me and staff who seemed stretched/harrassed. Sure, there was a conference on, it was busy, but I'm the customer and expect (at these prices at least) courteousy at all times. And expect to get hustled for money outside. There are many homeless people in the area. I dont blame them for asking but it gets a bit much right outside the hotel door.

I cant be to critical as it was comfortable but they need to look at some of the finer detail of their service if they want to justify the cost.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear MickHampshire,

Thank you for staying at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis and for your TripAdvisor review. We work hard everyday to treat all of our guests with the utmost respect and courtesy and I sincerely apologize if at times you felt that our service was stretched thin. I will be sure to pass your comments along and hope that you will once again choose the Marriott Marquis for your travels to San Francisco.

The San Francisco Marriott Marquis

Been to San Francisco Marriott Marquis? Share your experiences!