My husband and I took our kids (11 and 13) for their first trip to San Fransico. We had a great experience with the Hilton. FIrst of all the location was very convenient - just a couple of blocks to Union Square - which also meant easy to find restaurants, easy to catch the cable cars along Powell. Pre-arrival we had requested a room on a higher floor so we could have a view. At first they were going to put us on the 14th floor - well, that was "ok", but not really what we would call "high". Then the desk clerk said she wanted to check on something - and offered us an upgrade to the 44th floor - the highest we could go! It was only $50 a nigt extra - AND they gave us 6 vouchers for breakfast at Starbucks (inthe lobby). These breakfasts were huge - any coffee drink, a pastry, a fruit cup, a cold beverage...we figured worth $80+. The room had a huge balcony - and the VIEW! Wonderful! So if you are offered an upgrade - TAKE IT! Well worth a few extra dollars. Beds were comfy - the rooms were quiet - everything was nice and clean. Oh - one more thing - there is a pool, which can be hard to find in a hotel in downtown San Fransisco, so that was a plus for the kids.
Want a truly memorable SF experience? We rented bikes from Blazing Saddles on the Wharf and rode from there over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito - then took the ferry back. It's something our family will not forget - it was incredible biking ove the bridge! (We left the Wharf around 11:00 and returned around 6 pm, so plan for a good portion of your day.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is within walking distance to all the excitement of the Bay Area. Whether you're on business or vacation, there's something for everyone in the heart of the city! Among downtown San Francisco hotels, no other destination matches our blend of style, service, and setting. Find yourself within walking distance to famous neighborhoods like Chinatown and Nob Hill, the iconic Cable Cars, fabulous shopping, and dining all located in the heart of the theater district. Our dynamic Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel features splendid resort-style touches – a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool perched atop the lush 16th floor deck, and delicious dining at the stylish Urban Tavern Restaurant. For corporate guests, we offer over 134,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, where the Bay views are stunning and the service flawless. With its history and grandeur, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel offers everything you need for extraordinary business trips or vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton