We stayed here jan 29-31, this is the first time that we paid for an upgrade. we got a fantastic view on the 43rd floor. was great. the room was big and clean as was the bathroom. we had a big window and a clear days and nights (yes were WERE in SF!!)so the sunsets were magnificant. anyhow, the staff when we checked in, out and when we left our bags for a few hours after check out were very nice. the concierge was actually THERE and very nice. we know the city so we asked about a specific restaurant and tickets to Wicked. both questions were answered in a knowlegable way. with our paid upgrade we got access to the executive lounge. initially we were told that drinks and wine were included...they were not. but the claw soup and bread bowl, cheese, crackers, fruits, starbucks coffee, soda and other niblets were ok. the view here is fantastic..you are on the 45th floor. i dont know why in the world you have to ask for water, but, there you go, at least it was free (unlike the water in your minibar which is 8.00). continental breakfast was included in our upgrade. ..your basic pastries, oj, grapefruit juice, yogurt, cerels , bagels (man, i hope they freeze them since the sell by date was jan 19 and i was eating them on the 30th!!)...oatmeal, starbucks coffee...again the view was fantastic!! the service wasnt. i mean it is help yourself, but with as many people working up there, they should never run out of bread, or oj, or hard boiled eggs, etc. the tables were not bused very fast and alot of "regulars" to the hilton EL were really angry. i just moved the plates and sat down... the WORST part is that the hotel sticks out into the tenderloin district. dont go out the wrong door or walk down the wrong street (taylor to market for one) ...really bad nieghborhood. CAN NOT stress that enough. if you go out onto ofarrell,go towards union square before you turn toward market...there are homeless and street people everywhere in the city, but this visit down taylor street and market st. they were really really aggressive. i mean they wanted to beat us up and rob us. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HILTON by the way, they do have security around the building, just a fact of SF. all in all it was a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is within walking distance to all the excitement of the Bay Area. Whether you're on business or vacation, there's something for everyone in the heart of the city! Among downtown San Francisco hotels, no other destination matches our blend of style, service, and setting. Find yourself within walking distance to famous neighborhoods like Chinatown and Nob Hill, the iconic Cable Cars, fabulous shopping, and dining all located in the heart of the theater district. Our dynamic Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel features splendid resort-style touches – a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool perched atop the lush 16th floor deck, and delicious dining at the stylish Urban Tavern Restaurant. For corporate guests, we offer over 134,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, where the Bay views are stunning and the service flawless. With its history and grandeur, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel offers everything you need for extraordinary business trips or vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton