I've stayed at this Hilton many times over the years and the last few, and in particular my stay this weekend, has seen the service drop off. Granted this is a very large property so I don't expect the service which may be afforded a smaller property. The first issue arose upon arrival. I used my Hilton Hhoners points for my stay. We wanted to be on the bay view side of tower 1 so I called the property ahead of time and asked how they defined the premium room of "SKYLINE-BAY VIEW" I was told that it could be either a skyline view or bay view -- makes sense. I told the rep at the hotel that unless I could be guaranteed a bay view that we would pass on the property for this weekend. She told me that there would not be a problem making sure I got the bay view, to book the reservation then call back with the reservation number to confirm a bay view room. I followed her instructions and as you can now guess, even after two calls telling me we had a bay view room, we had a skyline view which from this property is nothing special. Okay, we're here, time to make the best of it. When checking in I ask about the continental breakfast which is to be included with the room. We were provided two vouchers to use in their lobby Starbucks for this. Ok, unusual but workable. Until morning arrived. After waiting in the line 40 minutes we tossed the Starbucks vouchers and headed on our way. The organization of this included continental breakfast was just terrible. On the way out to the valet I stopped at the front desk to see if I could offer my comments to a manager. The front desk staff was friendly and understanding but after another 15 minute wait without the manager appearing it was time to drop my blood pressure and leave.
The rooms are clean and typical convention quality hotel rooms. No issues with the rooms. But, as for the rest, I know we will avoid this particular property in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is within walking distance to all the excitement of the Bay Area. Whether you're on business or vacation, there's something for everyone in the heart of the city! Among downtown San Francisco hotels, no other destination matches our blend of style, service, and setting. Find yourself within walking distance to famous neighborhoods like Chinatown and Nob Hill, the iconic Cable Cars, fabulous shopping, and dining all located in the heart of the theater district. Our dynamic Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel features splendid resort-style touches – a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool perched atop the lush 16th floor deck, and delicious dining at the stylish Urban Tavern Restaurant. For corporate guests, we offer over 134,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, where the Bay views are stunning and the service flawless. With its history and grandeur, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel offers everything you need for extraordinary business trips or vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton