Although this property is very close to the projects in San Fran, it is quite comfortable and provides enough staffing at the front to prevent being hassled for loose change or cigarettes whilst waiting outside.
The rooms are very noise proof, unlike the hilton on fishermans wharf (Which was terrible!) Anyone coming to SF and would like to stay in the hilton, the Union Square property is much better.
The check in process was great, it is one of the few properties in the world that i have visited that actually honours the Hilton Honours check in queue. Most properties have a sign for hilton honour guests displayed but everyone joins the same line and you just wait at the back like everyone else. When i checked in, there was a massive queue in the standard area and i managed to get a quick checkin and was provided a key promptly.
The concierge are friendly when approached but did not offer to assist with my luggage when i arrived.
The lobby has a in house Starbucks which is a huge bonus, they do charge slightly more but worth it to stay indoors and avoid having to go out in the cold for a coffee.
Room wise, i was given a 2 single bed type room on the 16th floor. As i mentioned earlier, it is very sound proof from the outside, but i did experience some noisy guests coming through the hallway. Not the hotels fault by any means, but i guess with a property this size, it would be hard to police noisy guests.
Like most American hotels, the mini bar is empty, but they do provide bottled water for diamond HH members and free internet which was surprisingly fast.
The quality of the beds and pillows were as expected for a hilton, although the bathrooms here seem smaller than what i've seen in other properties.
Room service here does not operate 24 hrs, they have menus with time blocks such as breakfast, lunch and dinner. The kitchen (and all room service) is not available from midnight.
I can't really fault this property, its clean, efficient, well located and staff are approachable.
The only feedback i can provide is that they should ask concierge to assist travellers with thier luggage at the door. other than that i'd rate this a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is within walking distance to all the excitement of the Bay Area. Whether you're on business or vacation, there's something for everyone in the heart of the city! Among downtown San Francisco hotels, no other destination matches our blend of style, service, and setting. Find yourself within walking distance to famous neighborhoods like Chinatown and Nob Hill, the iconic Cable Cars, fabulous shopping, and dining all located in the heart of the theater district. Our dynamic Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel features splendid resort-style touches – a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool perched atop the lush 16th floor deck, and delicious dining at the stylish Urban Tavern Restaurant. For corporate guests, we offer over 134,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, where the Bay views are stunning and the service flawless. With its history and grandeur, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel offers everything you need for extraordinary business trips or vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton