This hotel was more of a 2 than 3. The gym was fantastic and so were the views from my room (good location). The elevator was quick for being on the 31st floor. However, I was unimpressed with almost every other aspect of the hotel.
Check in moved at a glacial pace. With only 2 people working the front desk, check in took 25 minutes. In spite of requesting a newly renovated room, I was placed on the "executive floor"--tower 1 floor 31. There was nothing executive about it. My room was tiny with a nice view. Everything seemed dated except for the TV. The mattress was semi comfortable but the pillows smelled really, really bad. The bathroom was small with a tiny tub. The shower curtain was a straight rod which caused the bodily fluid-stained curtain to constantly blow and stick to my body--absolutely disguisting! I could clearly hear loud teenagers in the room across the hall from me and the hallway smelled like weed the whole time. The only way to sleep was by wearing my noise canceling headphones.
The front desk ran out of Hhonors Diamond food coupons so I waited for 25 minutes to get a complimentary coffee and pastry. Not worth the wait considering there is another Starbucks a block away.
I was very unimpressed with the staff, especially the front desk. Other than the person who checked me in, the other front desk employees I encountered were not helpful.
There was too much wrong with this hotel to recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is within walking distance to all the excitement of the Bay Area. Whether you're on business or vacation, there's something for everyone in the heart of the city! Among downtown San Francisco hotels, no other destination matches our blend of style, service, and setting. Find yourself within walking distance to famous neighborhoods like Chinatown and Nob Hill, the iconic Cable Cars, fabulous shopping, and dining all located in the heart of the theater district. Our dynamic Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel features splendid resort-style touches – a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool perched atop the lush 16th floor deck, and delicious dining at the stylish Urban Tavern Restaurant. For corporate guests, we offer over 134,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, where the Bay views are stunning and the service flawless. With its history and grandeur, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square hotel offers everything you need for extraordinary business trips or vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton