“Great Bargain in S.F......‎ -” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

You added City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco to your Saves list
City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   240 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Ramada Limited Downtown) (SoMa)   |
Ranked #215 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Angeles, California
“Great Bargain in S.F......‎ -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

The Hotel was conveniently situated for my family and light on the budget considering it is downtown S.F. and no parking charges. We stayed for a couple of nights. The Room and bathroom was clean and recently remodeled (budget hotel style). Free WiFi was an added benefit since many of the hotels are charging for it in the area. The staff was friendly and treated my kids very well. A great bargain to be found in S.F.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Evansville, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I had a great experience at this hotel
it's was very cheap, and pretty close to the downtown area
the staff was friendly.
If you're a student looking to travel and dont want to spend the big $$$ thats a great option!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

This is to advise you that the Knights Inn in DT San Francisco is the WORST hotel I NEVER stayed at. Having had booked a reservation for one night at the hotel the night before I had arrived, I had obviously made this reservation very last minute and it was because of a job interview that I had scheduled for the following day. However, none of this seemed to matter to the so called M.O.D., Bobby.

When I approached the entrance of the hotel at 2PM on 2/24 to check in, the first thing that I noticed was that both entrance to the hotel were locked and Bobby had come out of the back office to let me in. Myself, being very familiar with how hotels operate, since I have been working in the business for several years, I found this to be odd; had it been in the middle of the night, yes, I could understand this but this was at 2:00 in the afternoon. Next, before even greeting me or asking for my name, Bobby had said it was to early to check in and that I would have to come back after 3:00; the way he said it made me feel like I was disturbing whatever he was doing behind the closed door that led to the back office. When he told me this, I did not accept this answer because I know, having worked in hotels myself, I could have pre checked in, put my luggage in storage and come back later, which I had told him that I was willing to do but none of this would suffice for this so called manager at first, until I persisted and only then did he proceed to do a pre check in for me.

Obviously, by now, you can hopefully tell how this check in is quickly getting out of control and escalating to the point where I am extremely irate and he continues to say ‘I’m sorry’ while holding his hand right up in my face, almost as if he is non verbally telling me ‘to talk to the hand because the ears don’t listen.’ Anyway, as Bobby began the pre check in for me, he asked for my drivers license and a credit card. I had tried to explain that I recently lost my wallet and all that I had would be my drivers license, as well as a cash deposit because that is what Hotels.com had said that would be required. From that point, he did accept that I had no credit card, he asked for $100 cash deposit at which point I said that’s all I had because this was just an overnight trip. (and that I would be flying back to Minneapolis the following day) When I asked him if I could leave a $50 cash deposit and then have him restrict all of my services, (i.e. telephone & in room movies) he very rudely refused, while continuing to hold out his hand in my face and say I’m sorry; this definitely seems to be a trademark w/ him. Then, because I did not have the proper amount, I asked for a credit card authorization form, which I don’t have to tell you that every hotel has, in case a third party is paying for the room. After providing me with said form, Bobby had pointed out that this form needs to be filled out and sent back to the hotel 72 hours prior to arrival. Again, this reservation was just booked the night before arrived at the property, so this would have been impossible. Additionally, in all of the years that I have worked in the hotel business, I have NEVER heard of such a ridiculous policy. In hotels that I have worked at, a lot of times people will do this the day of the reservation and as long as we get an authorization on the card, as well as having all of the proper documentation filled out and faxed back to us, there is no problem. That’s the way it should be and this policy only serves one purpose and that is to be incredibly inconvenient for guests.

Finally, I would like to mention that during this entire transaction w/ Bobby, I kept asking for the name of the General Manager because I knew damn well he was not the G.M. because no G.M. could act as vicious as he did and still expect to retain his/her employment. I have stayed and worked at many hotels including, Choice Hotels, Hilton, Hyatt, InterContinental hotels’, Marriott, Starwood and Wyndham brands and this particular hotel is by far the WORST hotel I have ever come across. This experience was so bad that I will never stay at a Wyndham affiliated hotel again. (and I would like to take this opportunity to cancel my Wyndham Rewards number, which is 121434619I)

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

We arrived at thsi hotel late in the night as we where driving up the coast from Pismo Beach, CA. We didnt have any hotel reservations, and we booked this hotel over the phone, the guy claiming that this was a Ramada. However, he later told us the it was a Knights Inn. As we arrived at the hotel, our jaws dropped in terror. Even though this hotel is in downtown, the hotel is in a very shady neighborhood and we were given rooms across the street in an "adajacent" building. Upon entering the other building we were greeted with a warning that said, "Food products and beverages sold in this area have been known in the state of California to cause cancer" We were quite shocked at this and then we proceeded to enter the smelly rooms. Oh my god they were disturbing, the bed sheets were litered with brown stains of I don't know what. Then when we checked out the bathroom, we discovered that the window was propped open and it would not even close properly. This window was large enough for someone to crawl through, a definate safety hazard. The breakfast here is hardly edible dont even bother trying it. The only plus about this hotel is that it is near downtown and close to the trolley and streetcar stations. Otherwise, dont even bother coming here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Italy/California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Room 204 has bed bugs. It's not worth it to stay there, as my boyfriend and I did when we went up to SF for New Year's. Now I'm obsessed with trying to dis-infest my luggage.

Since my boyfriend didn't have a reaction to the bites (some people don't) he just thinks it's crazy that I won't let him into my mom's house until he's taken the necessary precautions to prevent bringing the nasty critters along with him.

So of course we got in a huge fight and he decided he'd rather stay somewhere else (than my mom's) than clean his stuff. Guess where he went?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

Needed a place to stay on a sunday before my flight out monday afternoon. Found a very decent rate on this motel, I've seen parking in san francisco at 4 star hotels in union square that were more expensive than my nightly rate! Room is pretty basic, but you do get free high speed internet and are located in the south of market region only a 5 minute walk to the location of the event I attended that evening. Good place to park, go out in the city and then get some sleep. You are in San Francisco after all, you should be out enjoying the city!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
johnsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

After reading some of these reviews I was expecting the worst. Instead I got what I would have expected if I hadn't read other people's comments. I stayed on the third floor in main building. Room was clean and somewhat recently remodeled (budget hotel style). Bathroom was clean. There were towels and a heat lamp. Alarm clock worked. Free WiFi. Got 5 or 6 TV channels HBO, CNN, CBS or something. Double bed had 4 pillows. Dandruff between wall and mattress with no bedbug feces was a good sign that the room had been bedbug free for a long time (or the previous occupant was molting). Didn't see bugs of any kind. The hair dryer from 1987 still worked. They've been wallpapering around it for some time. Could hear loud conversation of drunk kids in adjacent room, then they wrestled around and left. Travel with a sound machine for things like this. The location is decent a couple of blocks to Market St, BART and MUNI. Immediate area is mostly a mix of young professionals, homeless people and sketchy people. I made sure to request the main building to avoid some of the experiences of other travelers. Eat the breakfast at your own risk. There's a decent cafe on the corner.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo