After reading some of these reviews I was expecting the worst. Instead I got what I would have expected if I hadn't read other people's comments. I stayed on the third floor in main building. Room was clean and somewhat recently remodeled (budget hotel style). Bathroom was clean. There were towels and a heat lamp. Alarm clock worked. Free WiFi. Got 5 or 6 TV channels HBO, CNN, CBS or something. Double bed had 4 pillows. Dandruff between wall and mattress with no bedbug feces was a good sign that the room had been bedbug free for a long time (or the previous occupant was molting). Didn't see bugs of any kind. The hair dryer from 1987 still worked. They've been wallpapering around it for some time. Could hear loud conversation of drunk kids in adjacent room, then they wrestled around and left. Travel with a sound machine for things like this. The location is decent a couple of blocks to Market St, BART and MUNI. Immediate area is mostly a mix of young professionals, homeless people and sketchy people. I made sure to request the main building to avoid some of the experiences of other travelers. Eat the breakfast at your own risk. There's a decent cafe on the corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn