“Subpar Stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

You added City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco to your Saves list
City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   240 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Ramada Limited Downtown)   |
Ranked #215 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Milwaukee
“Subpar Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Felt nervous the entire time about leaving the car there due to reviewers saying they had their cars broken into there. The room was cramped, TV small with minimum stations, and the overall room was unappealing. 2/10 would not stay there again

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I only stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to AT&T Park and most other hotels had no vacancy. I just stayed one night for the Giants game and that is all I recommend staying. The rooms were updated with new carpet and linens, but the TV was outdated (and didn't even work for us) and you could often hear people clamoring around the hallways. While it wasn't the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, for the value, its certainly not the worst!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose this hotel because of the location & free parking. The pictures make the rooms look decent. When we got to the hotel, the attendant told us Expedia place our reservation for the wrong amount of people & tried to charge us more. We had pre-paid for the correct amount of guests, even paying additional $ for the suite. I showed the attendant my pre-paid receipt and she agreed that I paid correctly and gave us our room keys. The hotel is located on both sides of the street and it is difficult to get out of the tiny parking garage on the side where the front desk is, but we managed to get our vehicle across the street & into our room - which was ridiculously cramped and small. The photos were obviously manipulated to make the place look larger than it is. The "extra room" that the suite had only had a TV & 2 small club chairs - not even enough seating for all 4 members of our family. We shouldn't have paid the extra for the "suite". I feel like we would have been less cramped in an open room. We dealt with it as we were only there to sleep and shower. (We checked in at 10pm & left by 8 am). Then 3 weeks after we got home, there was another charge on my credit card from this hotel. When I called, I was told it was because we had 4 people and only paid for 2. WE PRE-PAID FOR 4 ADULTS, even though we actually had 2 kids & 2 adults, AND I had already proven that when we checked in. Honestly, I have NEVER had a hotel nickel and dime me like this - who cares if I have 2 or 4 in a SUITE with 2 queen beds? There was plenty of room for us and by law, you're supposed to change all the linens whether we used them or not. I am still dealing with getting money back because of this booking. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. It's worth it to pay for the parking.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had literately no choice for another hotel. This review score reflects the blatant safety issues on the property. I took some pictures of smashed electrical outlets and burn marks on the outlets. Hotel claims to have renovated in 2012, however, I it just seems they changed the name and did nothing else. All of the literature in the room still said Knights Inn. The room was clean at least. Towel rack was falling off the wall, and had an old broken hair dryer on the wall. When I checked in I was charged nothing to hold onto my bags until I could check in. When I was checking out I was told I had to pay $2 per bag. I asked if it could be added to my bill and was told no, it had to be cash. I asked for a receipt and was told they had no way to generate one. It seems like the money is being pocketed by the front desk clerk. It is required for us to have receipts for reimbursement and to me this is not acceptable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Being a travel agent from Germany, I stayed in the main building and not in the annex across the street.
Staff upon arrival has been very helpful and well the hotel policy says check in time is 3 pm! So no necessity to discuss that.
Room and bathroom were clean, what I would rate as most important. The room looked as have been recently renovated.
You will find all the amenities you expect in a motel such as hair dryer, iron and ironing board, TV (with 6 channels, but do I come to San Francisco to watch TV), no coffee maker, but free coffee in the lobby througout the day. And if they offer a light continental breakfast I cannot expect an american buffet breakfast.
The area is South of Market and yes there are some "strange suspects" on the street as other commentators mentioned, but you have them in this neighborhood and not only around this hotel. Nevertheless there are restaurants and bars just around the corner which can be recommended.
So if you are looking for a reasonable priced accommodation in the heart of SFO it is well worth to consider to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

When we chose this hotel, tempted by the low price, we didn't wanted to trust the other opinions... We were positive and thought it were only exceptions. As we arrived, we realised, how truth they unfortunately were! I can confirm all the other opinions. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS "HOTEL"! Please take a look at the picture we uploaded! This hotel is dangerous!

• Stayed April 2014
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'm writing this to keep everyone up to date that this "hotel" is still bad. I stayed in the other half which was across the street. It was terrible. They advertise that the place is newly renovated but there were still many things in the room that still had "Knights Inn" written on it. Our room literally had a hole in the wall..HA! The TV only had four channels and knowing this they only put a TV guide for HBO which was the only cable channel available. The bathroom had a very strange odor and the light did not work. We were also missing an iron. Called to have it replaced but it never was until we went to speak with a manager.

And what about the nice complimentary breakfast? 1 small coffee. 1 small juice. 1 small "danish". There are prisons out there that feed you better than this.

Honestly, I've stayed in worse places but it's not worth the nonsense unless you plan to stay for a very short period. If not, I'm sure there are better options in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco? Share your experiences!