“RESERVATION RATE NOT RESPECTED” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

You added City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco to your Saves list
City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   240 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Ramada Limited Downtown) (SoMa)   |
Ranked #212 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Mexico City, Mexico
“RESERVATION RATE NOT RESPECTED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The situation of the hotel is excellent. The room 's curtains an rogue were stained. Had problem because the rate that was fixed in my reservation was no respected. Thanks to Miss. Ashford could recive a small rebate although not covering the diference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CityCenterHotelSF, Front Office Manager at City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Sir, I helped you so much and you did stay at our hotel and your reservation was respected and honored, so I am perplexed, as you told me you enjoyed your stay at our hotel too. I do appreciate your comments and I am happy to inform you that recently all our shears, pillows, triple sheetings were upgraded and we are continually doing renovations to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel. Wishing you a Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bad area,bad neighborhood ,smelly, unclean, charged more than the price I originally found on internet,noises, called two nights in a row for my noisy unruly neighbor at three AM. but front office suggested I take care of it myself, dark hallways, didn't,t feel safe ,don't take your loved ones there.not worth risking safety or comfort, bedding had bugs , I stayed three horrible nights.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
South of Market is very electic and offers many fine restaurants on Folsom Street just around the corner and we are walking distance to all the Shopping Centers and main Cable Car station, we are sorry that you did not like the location. We do appreciate your comments on our free Wifi, which I am happy to share that we did expand the service and it took some time for all the logistics to take place, some times its out of our hands when the work will get done, but its all been updated now and we are very pleased with the results, most other hotel charge $20-30 per day for Wifi. We use the mattress protectors for cleanliness, sanitation purposes and they are made of cotton with a waterproof backing made of the finest quality and its hypro-allergenic too, we did look into the matter, as you were the first to mention that it felt plastic and changed it nonetheless. We are please that we did recently upgraded our mattress pads, triple sheeting to satin stripe finish with 250 TC and brand new platinum series pillows too! We do hope you give us a second chance. Wishing you happy holidays!
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Booked our reservation (not prepaid) in April for a stay end of September... got a phone call from them one week prior to arrival that they had a computer glitch and that they were going to charge us $50 / night more... told them I had it in writing on my reservation, they said I had no recourse and that I will either pay the charge or could cancel my reservation. Be ware of them!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Just don't even look at this hotel. Last minute booking for our honeymoon for 2 nights, walked In to our room and the old musty smell overwhelmed us. After 5 minutes my wife left gagging from it. We had to use the wifi across the street in the hotel lobby because it wasn't available in our room. We had to goto McDonalds to get wifi and book another hotel. VERY shady area we were told not to go out after dark. Oh and let's not forget the plastic covered mattress and the room looking nothing like their pics I just hope the bed bugs didn't get on our luggage, now I need to go shower after being in there. Don't let City Center Inn and Suites ruin your vacation we checked into a best western just down the street which was very secure and had a nice retro look pictures match the rooms

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The ladies at the front desk were very helpful, and went above and beyond to help us out. Very nice area,it was walking distance to a transit hub (which took us right in front of at&t park) rooms were nice, the smelled slightly musty, .....but overall well worth it!

• Stayed August 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel falsely advertises its facilities and also misleads as to where and what kind of room you will have when you get there. There are two buildings, and are very different to each other. One is an old hotel across the road from their reception building that they must have bought from another old hotel chain. This was where our room was. The other is as advertised in the reception building. In the building across the street, the rooms are old and tired and were probably equipped and decorated c1975. The light switches, coffee machine and even plug sockets were dated and likely a health hazard. None of our electricity sockets even worked! Nor did the bathroom light. The coffee machine was old and smelled and there was no wifi in this whole building at all. Even though the rooms are advertised with wifi, we learned that you can only get it in the building across the road in the reception area. Before realising this, we called reception to tll them the wifi wasnt working and they played a whole game of 'someone will come to fix it soon.....?' This went on for two hours, then we found out that there arent even any routers in the old building??! They just play along with it as they know they have so many complaints and bad reviews about this( we found them on here after!) As we checked in late in the afternoon we were told to give our complaints to the daymanager the next morning when she arrived at 7am before we checked out as they didnt have the authority to do anything about them in the meantime. (Not very helpful considering we were paying a premium to stay in a room with no electricity, no bathroom light and now no wifi ) When we did the next morning, the day manger was rude and offensive and raised her voice at us, almost insulted we were voicing he complaints to her. With attitude and a waving her finger at me she told me I was rude? Hardly good customer service, in response to a civilised but unsatisfied customer raising a few complaints as suggested by the evening staff the night before? Having had such a negative experience with her and the hotel, I asked for her name and her managers name so I could make a formal complaint as I felt I was getting nowhere. She refused and said she wouldn't give me any names, she is the manager and she owns it? At that, I thought it wasn't worth the stress and decided to continue to check out and leave. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I would avoid at all costs but If you must stay here, choose a room in the new building/where the re...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

No WIFI in my room, which was across the street in a different building. The main reason I booked this hotel is because I was promised I would have internet access in my room. There was garbage in the hallways that wasn't picked up for an entire week. The carpet obviously hadn't been changed for 20 years. Worst hotel ever, if you can even call it a hotel. The only nice thing I have to say about this hotel is the guy at the front desk was honest to me about what was going on. Apparently, they are supposed to lie to the guest if there are problems, just to make everything seem ok.

Room Tip: If you are ONLY going to be in your room for 6 hours a day to sleep, by all means book this hotel, b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco? Share your experiences!