“Great location, but over priced for what you get.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco

Save Saved
You added City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco to your Saves list
City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   240 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Ramada Limited Downtown)   |
Ranked #215 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Reno, nv
“Great location, but over priced for what you get.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here to be close to downtown and we didn't want to pay the price for the hotels in the city. The location was awesome and I love the SOMA area. We found a couple really cool places right around the corner from our hotel. Be prepared for lots of homeless in this area wherever you stay. They were all very nice and kept to themselves, but some corners smell really bad.

The hotel....my boyfriend said he didn't think they changed his sheets the first day he checked in because they smelled like perfume. The next day he requested new pillows and they were more than happy to replace them for us. The room is extremely small. The bathrooms are clean and decent size...shower only. Loved the old school hair dryer :) The hall ways and entrance were a little sketchy at this place. Reminds me of a live in hotel they've tried to convert to a nicer place to stay.

I gave this place a 2 because it appeared for the price there were a lot better places we could have stayed. I think for what you get it is over priced! This hotel should really be less than $100.

Oh and there is on site parking. We left our car in the lot the entire time and walked everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I were quite happy about how clean, open and flowing the hotel room was. The bedrooms and living area were spacious, and the bathroom looked modern and efficient. However, we noted that the three windows of our living area had no window coverings at all. We went to the front desk to address this and were told that they were being cleaned, that they would be replaced the next day. The next day, only one of the three windows had a blinds put in place. The other two windows remained "bare" for the remaining 4 days. Others could easily see into our room.

During our 5-night stay at the Knights Inn, between the two of us, we had to have one of our room key cards “re-keyed” at least four separate times – that is an average of a re-keying almost every day, which was quite annoying.

The cleaning staff was pretty good, but they never washed the glasses and mugs which were in the room. One day they left a can of "bed bug/dust mite" spray in the room.

The 3 of the 4 front desk staff didn’t seem to know much about how properly to handle situations which arose. One time they sent us back to our room to find out information about the room and another time when we were not given new towels, they sent us to find housekeeping to get towels. The staff should be responsible for this.

During our stay (late September), the room was a little over $300 per night (tax included), which I found excessive for the service which we were given.

I wrote a complaint letter to Knights Inn. They responded with sincere apologies and are returning a portion of my bill as a reimbursement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a value oriented hotel in the popular SOMA district of SF. Good things are the location and the housekeepers do a good job of cleaning the rooms although the exterior and common areas are in need of updating and repair. The rates for this hotel during local events are higher than the should be ($169) for this very basic lodging. I was booked in the annex, which I believe is an older property than the main hotel, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the hallway and the person snoring next door. No elevator so you have to lug your bags up the stairs. The office only has one person their part of the time, getting someone to answer the phone is impossible and the key card locks appear to malfunction quite often. My biggest complaint though is that they pre-authorize charges on your credit card and then don't remove them when they settle the bill. 4 days after checking out, my AMEX card has a charge for $585 and additional "pending charges" of $790 still tying up my credit line. Trying to contact the hotel by phone has not been successful. I've filed a complaint with Knights Inn Corporate and also contacted American Express to document the problem. Hopefully, the management will get the message that they need to make some changes in how they run this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the annex, no elevator, poor insulation and very inconvenient.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After changing my plans i was left wanting in San Fran,due to things out of my control i ended up hear. Not wanting to fork out $500 a night i ended up here @ $260 p/n double.my fault you get what you pay for, well usually $260 gets you a great room.

Room Tip: DONT do it, look eleswhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Qiryat Ono
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

reasonable loaction (15 min. walk from city center) though might seems bit of unfreindly (in particular along Market St. between 6th & 8th street)

check in time is at 15:00. inconvenient after long flight.
reasonable maintainance and room cleaning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Toilet had flapper valve torn off; unusable. We were changed to different room that had shower with constant leak. Room clean, but tiny & dowdy; bed was comfy. Coffe maker had broken lid. Hotel is several stories tall, but NO elevators! Most rooms are across street from office located in mid--block, no crosswalk. Room was quiet with good bed and cleanliness, but nothing else in this hotel is aceptable, I most often stay at Motel 6's, but this hotel is FAR below M 6 standards.

• Stayed August 2012
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

For me a hotel room is just a place to sleep and shower, and I don't pay much attention to the details so this is my first hotel review. My room was inconveniently across the street from the office. The first thing I noticed was the bed offset from the base. I had to lift up my friend's bed so he could push in a metal bar in that was sticking out. All the lamps in the room were connected to the same wall switch. Wireless internet strength varied for me. My friend logged onto another open network. There was no remote for the TV. The radio/clock was broken and unable to be set. The bathroom light was on a timer with no fan. Even after crossing the street and speaking to the front desk, the phone had no dial tone. Hotel info said the place had been refurbished in 2008, since then dust bunnies had been multiplying behind the bathroom door under the peeling wallpaper.

Room Tip: Hotels in San Francisco are expensive and the city adds on its own tax. I suggest booking a room out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco? Share your experiences!