My friend and I were quite happy about how clean, open and flowing the hotel room was. The bedrooms and living area were spacious, and the bathroom looked modern and efficient. However, we noted that the three windows of our living area had no window coverings at all. We went to the front desk to address this and were told that they were being cleaned, that they would be replaced the next day. The next day, only one of the three windows had a blinds put in place. The other two windows remained "bare" for the remaining 4 days. Others could easily see into our room.
During our 5-night stay at the Knights Inn, between the two of us, we had to have one of our room key cards “re-keyed” at least four separate times – that is an average of a re-keying almost every day, which was quite annoying.
The cleaning staff was pretty good, but they never washed the glasses and mugs which were in the room. One day they left a can of "bed bug/dust mite" spray in the room.
The 3 of the 4 front desk staff didn’t seem to know much about how properly to handle situations which arose. One time they sent us back to our room to find out information about the room and another time when we were not given new towels, they sent us to find housekeeping to get towels. The staff should be responsible for this.
During our stay (late September), the room was a little over $300 per night (tax included), which I found excessive for the service which we were given.
I wrote a complaint letter to Knights Inn. They responded with sincere apologies and are returning a portion of my bill as a reimbursement.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.