This is a value oriented hotel in the popular SOMA district of SF. Good things are the location and the housekeepers do a good job of cleaning the rooms although the exterior and common areas are in need of updating and repair. The rates for this hotel during local events are higher than the should be ($169) for this very basic lodging. I was booked in the annex, which I believe is an older property than the main hotel, the walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the hallway and the person snoring next door. No elevator so you have to lug your bags up the stairs. The office only has one person their part of the time, getting someone to answer the phone is impossible and the key card locks appear to malfunction quite often. My biggest complaint though is that they pre-authorize charges on your credit card and then don't remove them when they settle the bill. 4 days after checking out, my AMEX card has a charge for $585 and additional "pending charges" of $790 still tying up my credit line. Trying to contact the hotel by phone has not been successful. I've filed a complaint with Knights Inn Corporate and also contacted American Express to document the problem. Hopefully, the management will get the message that they need to make some changes in how they run this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Knights Inn - Downtown San Francisco Hotel
- Knights Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the City Center Inn & Suites San Francisco where we are located in the urban quiet Downtown/South of Market, or SOMA, district which is much compared to New York City's Soho district known for eclectic fine dining, popular dance/night clubs, lounges and outlet shopping. Walk to the main Cable Cars station ride them to Union Square - famous shopping area, Westfield/Bloomingdales Mall within walking distance, Chinatown - one of the best in the United States, & Fisherman's Wharf- enjoy renowned dungress crab cakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your City Center Inn & Suites - San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.