“Location Is a No-brainer!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf

You added Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 Jones Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (Formerly Hilton San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf) (Fisherman’s Wharf)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Direct Get Cash Back
Ranked #73 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Cedar Hill, Texas
“Location Is a No-brainer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I gave this hotel an above average rating because the location is perfect! Any hotel on that corner (Jones & North Point) is the best Fisherman's Wharf location in my opinion. We stayed on the second floor with a window facing Bay Street and the street noise definitely comes through. If you ask the front desk, they will bring you a complimentary package of earplugs and that solves it...neither one of us heard a thing the rest of the night. The staff was friendly, however, we didn't spend much time in the hotel, so I can't elaborate. The fact that I don't have much to tell is a testament to how smoothly everything went. Check-in/out was quick and no-hassle, the room was cleaned every day, the shower was hot and forceful, there were plenty of towels, there was a mini-fridge for our snacks, etc. One thing to keep in mind: this hotel is one of the FIRST stops on the hotel's recommended airport shuttle schedule - so if you're checking bags, you need to leave the hotel 3 hours prior to your flight, or else pay the extra for a cab (which will take you to the airport without all the stops). Even though I tend to like luxury hotels, we will probably stay here again because it's convenient to everything on the Wharf and everything ran so smoothly. Make sure you eat breakfast @ Hollywood's right across the street - The crab omelet is to die for.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

High priced hotel that is being renovated. Noise is ridiculous and makes it impossible to sleep. Nice rooms but nothing fancy or worth the price. Good location is the only thing this hotel has going for it.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked my stay via their web page, which mentioned nothing about the renovation, nor that the top floor special ended up putting me on the 1st floor without reducing the price. It was a nice room, but seems pricey considering what was advertised. After I asked, they did provide the water that was part of the extra cost, and even provided me 2 free breakfast buffet coupons after I asked.

Room Tip: Centrally located to everything
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for four nights, great location easy walking distance to Fishermans wharf and Lombard Street. Our room was upgraded on arrival but we were also told construction was being done on the property between a reasonable hour, this however was not the case on the last two mornings we spoke to the front desk they were incredibly helpful and apologetic they compensated us quite adequately which we were very happy with. Overall would defenitly stay again as perfect location and reasonable price.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Covington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel. It was close to everything in the Fisherman's Wharf area, all attractions were within easy walking distance, probably just under a mile to Pier 33, starting point for Alcatraz tours.
I would personally recommend getting a Club Room. At the present time, the Club 2620 is closed for renovation (more about that later), but a voucher was given daily for breakfast at the Bay Street Bistro. The Even Keel Bar was also excellent, was given a voucher for one drink, such as a local wine or beer, also well drinks.
As stated above, the hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation. Twice during my stay, there was no water in my room from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM; this was not really a problem since I gone most of the time during this period. I could also hear some occasional construction activity, but not during times most would be sleeping. I checked with the front desk; hopefully, all renovation activity should be completed by July of this year; may want to check beforehand if this is an issue.
I would have been nice if the hotel had a more traditional restaurant, but with numerous choices in the Fisherman's Wharf area, was not a major issue.
The room I had was fairly large, excellent bathroom and clean. I was a little surprised by the metal wardrobe, but tied in with the nautical theme. A keyed safe was also provided within the wardrobe.
Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at Pier 2620; would seriously consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the courtyard. Apparently, rooms facing the street can get some street noi...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

At first I wasn't too enthusiastic about booking this hotel, because it is the other end of town from where I needed to be (Moscone Center), but since the hotels around that area were either too expensive or run-down holes, I opted for the Pier 2620. On balance, it was a good decision!

Although I personally would not rate Fisherman's Wharf as my top destination in San Francisco (way too touristy), one can see why it appeals to families with small kids - there is a wide choice of places to eat and drink along with the usual souvenir shops and tourist attractions that make you part with your cash. The Pier2620 isn't the most luxurious hotel in this area, but it is a very good mid-range option to consider, especially location-wise. It is steps away from the F-Line terminus and a fairly close walk to the cable car stop, which means that getting to other parts of the city is fairly easy (I wouldn't say very easy because the frequency of service is not so high, but it is OK if you are not in a great hurry.) It is also a straight line on Columbus up to the Italian restaurants in North Beach, about a 20 minute walk or so.

The hotels itself is fairly large, but feels cosy. The rooms are a very good size, with huge TVs, a coffee maker (of the "instant" type) and lots of storage space. The beds are very comfortable and the area overall is reasonably quiet. Wifi coverage is good and fast. So overall, no problems at all.

But, there is no room service and no restaurant - from what I can tell they only serve breakfast and drinks in the bar at night (unless I am wrong). However, with the range of dining options within a few minutes walk (albeit a lot of them being chain restaurants) and also a large Walgreens nearby, this is not that big an issue.

In summary, whilst not being in the same class as "boutique" type hotels and not having all the kinds of facilities one might expect, this is a good choice (especially for families) if you actually want to be in Fisherman's Wharf on a mid-budget but also have reasonable options on public transport for visiting the other more delightful parts of this city.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there with my sister and my niece last November. Staff was very kind and helpful, gave us discount cards for the hop-on hop-off tour. Room was spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Location was also good, just 10 minutes walking distance from Pier 39.
The only thing that we disliked was that the fridge was too cold, freezing everything and there was no way to adjust the temperature. Even after complaining about it, they didn't get it fixed.
In spite of that, our stay was very pleasant and would definitely recommend it for those who prefer not to stay in downtown area but in Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!