Stayed 3 nights at Pier 2620. Great location for Fisherman's wharf, Cable car and easy walking distances (but do not forget the steep hills) to most attractions in the city. Very good value. No point hiring a car for San Francisco, parking is expensive and you see a lot more walking the city. We hired a car after our stay to tour California. Taxi from airport (SFO) to hotel was 55 dollars.
We were in room 114, which overlooked the courtyard, so no traffic noise. The rooms are a good size, very clean, well decorated, plenty of space to move around and store luggage. A very comfortable king size bed, 50 inch tv (which we did not use, too busy exploring San Francisco), desk, chairs, a/c, coffee and tea makings, free Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby. Good bathroom and shower/bath. Hotel provides good quality toiletries.
The only negative was other guests being noisy late at night, rooms could do with improved sound proofing.
Staff were efficient, helpful and polite, no problems encountered. There is free access to computers in the lobby area and you are able to use a printer free.
Close to Fisherman's Wharf, only 5-10 minutes away, Cable Car (Powell-Mason line) is less then 5 minutes away. Car hire and bike hire shops are also within 5-10 minutes. Several cafes and a pharmacy/small supermarket a couple of minutes away. We walked everywhere from the hotel i.e. Fisherman's Wharf, China Town, North Beach, Pier 33 (ferry to Alcatraz) and 39, Ghirardelli Square, Coit Tower, Lombard St etc. Wear comfortable shoes. Although we hired bikes nearby to cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge (took the ferry back), well worth it. Took nearby cable car to Union Square area.
We never used the hotel for food, always ate out due to several very good restaurants and cafes in the area.
Very good hotel, if the rooms were sound proofed more I would have given a score of excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton
- Hilton Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience San Francisco's newest Hotel, Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf! This San Francisco hotel offers the perfect haven from which to explore all that the City by the Bay has to offer. When you are welcomed by our friendly associates to Pier 2620 Hotel, you'll find more than a comfortable place to stay. You'll find a community made up of our staff, ready and willing to share our passion for San Francisco, Fisherman's Wharf and the hotel with you. You'll find our hotel to be the "sweet spot" you've been looking for – the perfect launching point to experience the city with a local’s perspective to guide the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.