First with the positives: Location of this place is fantastic. It's an extremely short walk to the wharf, and if you don't mind walking a mile or so, you can get to a lot of other places as well. The beds are great, we slept very well. Nice giant tv in the room as well.
Other than that, it's a pretty average hotel. The room and bathroom weren’t any better than what you’d find at a 2.5 star hotel. They were doing lots of updates, so I think things could be better when they are done. The fitness center was closed for remodeling. The courtyard area that looks so great in the pictures, well, it pretty much looked like a tool shed on our visit. Unfortunately, that was the view from our room. I had rented the 'premier king room', so I hoped to be in a little better spot than that. If you can save money with the regular room do it, I'm not sure what it would be lacking. No special in-room amenities. Not even a mini-bar or bottled water. The soap, shampoo and conditioner are bolted to the shower wall, like you would see in a gym locker room. Our room choice was supposed to include breakfast, but I was charged for it anyways. They did take the charge off, but made it sound like they were doing me a favor, which was kind of annoying. Breakfast was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, oatmeal and pastries. It’s your average continental breakfast, but better quality and a more impressive layout. The normal price for it is $25. At that price it should probably include at least an omelet station or something along those lines. If it’s not included in your rate, I’d suggest an alternative. There are plenty of places within walking distance where you can order off a menu for less. Club 2620 access was also included with my rate. Supposedly this is a lounge with complimentary snacks and drinks, I did not see it, so I can’t vouch for that. Parking is $40 a day. That seemed to be pretty standard for all the public lots around there as well.
Overall, this is an average hotel, saved by its location. If you are expecting more than that, you’ll be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience San Francisco's newest Hotel, Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf! This San Francisco hotel offers the perfect haven from which to explore all that the City by the Bay has to offer. When you are welcomed by our friendly associates to Pier 2620 Hotel, you'll find more than a comfortable place to stay. You'll find a community made up of our staff, ready and willing to share our passion for San Francisco, Fisherman's Wharf and the hotel with you. You'll find our hotel to be the "sweet spot" you've been looking for – the perfect launching point to experience the city with a local’s perspective to guide the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton
- Hilton Fishermans Wharf