“Basic but welcoming” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf

You added Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   250 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #89 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Basic but welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel was fairly basic so don't expect anything special. We spent very little time in the hotel because there is so much to see. We celebrated Independence Day on the car park roof watching the fireworks, great view! The staff were friendly and helpful answering any questions we had about the area. Good location for Fishermans Wharf, Alcatraz and Pier 39. Watch out for the price of the car park, I didn't realise how pricey it was to park at hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for work. Whenever I get the chance to go to San Francisco, I stay at the Radisson at Fisherman's Wharf not only for its great location but more do for the awesome service. In particular, Evan at the front desk is consistently good. He is very friendly, polite and goes out if his way to make sure you feel welcome.

• Stayed September 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. Overpriced for facilities at hotel. Uncomfortable pillows, staff were also unhelpful, very small rooms. Not enough lighting in room. Clean enough, fantastic location to the Wharf. Fire pits were great, hotel lobby was nicely presented. Would look at other hotels next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff were very helpful and the beds were fine but the hotel itself needs a refurb as the décor is poor for both public areas and the rooms. The room carpet needed a good clean and the room furniture was or a poor standard. The bathroom was small and the finish was poor as well. The bed was fine and required no adjustment by us (it was a so called "sleep bed"). Overall the hotel is overpriced but in a very good location for the tourist areas.
While we were there the air con needed re-setting twice due to malfunction and the day before we left the in room safe would not open and it had all our documentation credit cards and passports so it was a major problem. One on the maintenance staff came to the room with an override device which he plugged in and this failed to work so another one came and he tried the same thing with the same result so they decided to try brute force and went to get the hammer and chisel. Prior to their return my wife opened it using the edge of a metal corkscrew !! .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and the condition of the hotel. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is great!! I stayed at this hotel years ago back when it was a Travelodge. The hotel has expanded with a newer addition since I was last there. This is the only hotel located directly to the Bay. The picture I posted was the view from my room in the morning. We arrived at the hotel late at night and was greeted with the nicest desk clerk. He was very helpful and friendly and even laughed about me knowing the hotel used to be a Travelodge. He spent some time selecting a room for us, and said he gave us his favorite room. After parking the car in the hotel garage, literally spent 20 minutes trying to find the room. The hotel is very confusing with one main hall that has four wings. You can tell what sections are new based off the new doors leading into the rooms. The room itself was like any other room, king sized sleep number bed, flat screen tv, etc. In the morning I called the front desk to see if they had breakfast, and they informed me no, but there was a retailer in the lobby who sells fruit, coffee, etc. We just ventured to IHOP which is located in the hotel property. When it came to checking out, we were going to leave the car at the hotel and visit Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, etc. I explained it to the hotel and they gave me a free all day parking pass, which I was very surprised by. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a bay view. It was great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is located smack bang on Fisherman's wharf however it doesn't have any restaurant/bar facilities. We were advised to go to the 7/11 round the corner and bring our drinks back if we wanted anything.
The room was fairly average, the beds were comfy however they had some form of electric cushioning built into them that only worked when you wanted to sleep and ended up with the mattress being on an angle.
The view from the sea-fronted rooms is excellent, however I don't think it makes up for the significant lack of facilities/service.
There is alot of walking involved between the elevators and the rooms (unless your room is opposite the elevator).
Underwhelmed with the hotel after what we paid

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view room as Alcatraz can be seen from the windows.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here in September 2013 and was very upset with the hotel in many ways. Upon arrival one room was ready, the other one was not. I arrived at 6pm! They told me that the other room would be ready in 2 hours!! I couldn't wait that long so I downgraded and got a room right away. The first room was a business king. Room is really small...I mean small!!! Smallest I have ever been in. The bathroom was very tiny and uncomfortable. My wife took a shower and layer the bath mat out and there was blood on it. The king bed is a sleep number bed but was hard to figure it out. The pillows are sooooo uncomfortable! Now if you want something that is on the wharf and close to just about everything, then this is the place to be. However, a radisson that costs 479.00 a night should be way better than what this one is. Oh and they charge you 48 bucks a day for parking at their hotel!! If I ever return to the wharf again, I will not stay here!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!