Despite the Tenderloin area, this hotel is amazing. It's central, the rooms are large and have a fridge, the showers are great, parking is free and the pool is lovely and warm. The continental breakfast is coffee and tea and mini muffins. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms have a recycling bin which is really positive, more hotels should have them. We stayed during the week and didn't have to encounter any parties in the courtyard so it was nice and quiet except for some very rude guests that woke us up at 1am screeching and talking loudly in their room til the wee hours but the hotel reception dealt with them. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Funky, irreverent, and young-at-heart, The Phoenix Hotel caters to touring bands and travelers with a creative spirit. A 44 room mid-century motor lodge with a lush courtyard and heated outdoor pool. It's an oasis in the heart of San Francisco on the edge of the gritty Tenderloin and three blocks from City Hall. Guests get complimentary onsite parking and a poolside coffee, tea and muffins to start the day. Art from local artists decorates the rooms and the courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Phoenix Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco
- Phoenix San Francisco