“Quality stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Price
Save 20% + Free internet!
Ranked #68 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wirral
“Quality stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We booked the hotel in the UK months ago, before we left - at a non-refundable price - which was good but not what I would call, "a deal." The hotel was easy to get to from the airport via BART and also great for all other tourist transportation links including MUNI, buses, cable cars and street cars. We had an easy check in, Sarah on reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room on the 25th floor was large and extremely comfortable and cleaned impeccably every day. Yes, we could hear the city traffic (apparently the fire engines are called first in an emergency as they have paramedics on board) but after a hard day sightseeing we were out like lights - even my husband who is a light sleeper. The ice machine by the lifts was very useful and we used the business suite several times - although I would have preferred the convenience of free internet connection in my room as we had in the MGM Grand the previous week. There were plenty of lifts which were very quick- nothing worse than waiting to go to your room or to get out. The homeless people do not approach you but can be disturbing if you are not used to a city environment. We would recommend this hotel and use it again if we went back to San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
parc55hotel, Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
We appreciate the 5-star review! Thank you for choosing the Parc 55. I am glad to read that the staff was very friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. We take great pride in these aspects of the hotel. Thank you for recommending us. We hope to see you again some day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Just got back from parc 55 and it was great! Check in was quick and easy, Asked what floor we were on and the desk person (Denis I think) asked what floor do we whant to be on and we got a room on the 26th. The room was large and had a great city view. The bed's were not the most comfortable but I could sleep on anything after a day out in the city. Sure there was noise but you are in the middle of a large city (suck it up). The location could not be better with access to miuni and bart with in feet of the hotel. Also the resturants are to many to count around this hotel and for those who need their starbucks there is one a block away, and several withen 3 blooks. I can not to say enough about this hotel from the front desk to the cleanning staff thing 's were great and the hotel made are first trip whith out our little one a great vacation

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you had a great time on your adult getaway. It is our pleasure to make memorable vacations for our guests. Good recommendation to stay on a higher floor if available. The views are incredible. Glad that the noise didn't bother you too much. As you mentioned, our central downtown location is worth it. Thanks again.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was in SF on business the week of 08/08-08/14 and stayed at the Parc 55 because the Hilton was sold out for the conference. I loved every single thing about the Parc. I might add that most of my co-workers that stayed at the HIlton were so jealous that I had a view and better accommodations. Tip for those of you that may have a conference at the Hilton stay here! You can walk out the side door near the Thai restaurant and cross the street and you are at the back door of the Hilton. So convenient and you don’t have to deal with the conference crowds.

First thing off the escalator I was greeted by Elmer and his smiling face. This was such a joy after a long flight and a horrible shuttle ride. Thanks to you guys here at Tripadvisor I knew to ask for a room on a higher floor due to the noise. So I asked Elmer if he could put me on a higher floor and boy did he! I was on the 28th floor with a wonderful view and an air purifier. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I never had a problem with noise at all and I would sleep with my curtain open just to have the view in the morning when I woke up. My bed was so comfortable and the air purifier was such a plus in helping me sleep that I am actually going to buy one this weekend. Now some important info for the ladies :) The bathroom was stocked with Gilchrist and Soames shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, scope mouthwash, facial soap and bath soap. The shower had great water pressure and was so relaxing after 8 hours of classes and 4 hours of site seeing.

I did have an issue with my keycards constantly being deactivated but this too was not a problem and Mavis always fixed me right up. I have to say being a single female staying here made me feel completely safe and this was in part due to the keycard issue. Once I explained to Mavis that my card didn't work and my driver’s license was in my room she was very kind and helpful with getting a security guard up to my room. The additional times it happened she still checked my ID and never failed at protecting my safety. In addition, there was a housekeeper cleaning my room one day during my lunch break and I told her I didn't want to startle her but I was there for lunch. She said she needed my key and of course it did not work. :) She jumped right into action and said I could not come in and called security. She was too cute guarding my stuff until security got there and I might add in less than a minute. She continued to apologize once my identity was verified and I told her that I was very pleased to know that I am safe here and don't have to worry. I wish I knew her name but I do not. If management reads this please give her recognition for her bravery and fast response to a potential crisis in room 2815 on 08/10/10 (I think that is the correct date).

My only complaint is they give you 2 bottles of wine (additional charge) but no corkscrew and believe me I tore that room apart :-P I also have to say that I never once missed the internet as I have seen complaints on here about the charge. You are in SF get out and enjoy and if that email is that important they have computers on the second floor. I walked by numerous times and they were empty and I never felt the urge to get on. At home I am on this thing nonstop so I guess it was a much needed break.

Finally, I highly recommend the Parc 55 because it’s clean, comfy and SAFE! The staff here is the absolute best hotel staff I have ever encountered and I travel all over the world. I really am just overwhelmed at the kindness and professionalism of all the staff including front desk, security, restaurant, housekeeping, concierge and valet they all treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy. I very rarely fill these things out but I felt I needed to in this case. I WILL stay here again and I have already spread the word on Twitter, Facebook and Myspace. Great job guys!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
WOW!!! I have read many reviews over the years, but this is truly one of the best. I hadn't even started my reply when I stopped to send this review to every department in the hotel. What a great way to acknowledge outstanding service. I am so glad to read about how safe you felt, how much you enjoyed the accomodations, and how well our staff took care of you during your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate the recommendation, and can't wait to have you stay with us again.
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I've stayed at several hotels in San Francisco, and I think this has to be my favorite. The rooms are very clean with a nice large bathroom. Check in was a snap, the maid was wonderful, and the location is tops. Got a AAA rate of $97/night over the 4th of July holiday. Would absolutely recommend and stay here again. Thank you Parc 55, you made our week in SF just wonderful.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you had a wonderful weekend with us, BostonVince. Thanks for the great review. I will be sure to share your comments about the terrific service you received with our staff here at the hotel. We really appreciate the feedback, and thank you for recommending us.
Kearny, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I traveled to San Fran for the first time for a one week vacation at the beginning of the month and we basically picked this hotel because of the price and location. It was a very good deal considering that is has public transportation passing right next to it that will take you to all of the major tourist locals and its also far enough away from the Tenderloin area that you don't feel in danger when your walking around outside. Yes it does have its issues, #1 being that you can hear everything that's going on around outside even though I was on the 29th floor, but it really didn't bother me ounce my head hit the pillow after an exhausting day of playing tourist. Someday when I go back to San Francisco I'll probably stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
parc55hotel, Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that the hotel met all of your needs during your visit to San Francisco. We hope you will choose to stay with us when you visit again someday.
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Nice rooms, great comfy beds with big pillows of different shapes and sizes. Flatscreen TV, coffee maker, desk and armchairs. Bathroom is your normal American hotel bathroom, they all look the same.
Service here is always good. Staff friendly and attentive. I always enjoy staying here.
Nice restaurant, bright with big windows.
Good location, just next to Market Street.
Hotel is quiet but as in most big American cities there is occasional noise from fire engines who seem to think they need to use their horns even at 2am when the streets are empty.
Hotel provides earplugs in the bathroom but its not a problem falling back to sleep if woken up because the beds are so comfortable.
I dont know the room rate, my company pays it, so I cant comment on value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for the 5-star review, Sijxn. We are very happy to hear that every aspect of the hotel from the comfortable beds to the friendly and attentive service excceded your expectations. Thank you for being a loyal guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Sunday night 8/15/2010. I stayed at room 2469, just got out of shower, standing naked in the room. Another guest opened my room door with his key!!!! I was so shocked !!! I have been staying at hotels about 100 nights per year for the last 10 years. Never had anything like this happened to me. But Parc55....wow...a total crap hotel !!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
We have contacted this reviewer privately to offer our apologies for this situation. Fortunately the guest was sympathetic to the human error that cause this, and the situation has been resolved to everyone's satisfaction. This is certainly not a typical occurrence at the Parc 55.

Been to Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square? Share your experiences!