“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Price
Save 20% + Free internet!
Ranked #69 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Parc 55 is a great place to stay. The hotel is clean with comtemporary decor. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The room was bigger than the usual big city hotels. The restaurant has a good Happy Hour special. The location can't be beat. We have been in a few hotels in bigger cities and this one takes the cake. Everything about this hotel makes you feel comfortable. We were on the 22nd floor and the view was amazing. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
parc55hotel, Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Thanks Slikwill. We are very appreciative that we earned a 5-star review from your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed the Parc 55 and thank you for highly recommending it to others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Eugene, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed on the 20th floor to minimize noise from the City. Great view of City, beautiful, clean well appointed room. Everything fresh and new, great service. We would stay here again in a minute.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
parc55hotel, Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thanks, Fiddleman. Glad you enjoyed everything about your stay, and thanks for recommending us for future visits.
Maitland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I have never travelled out of Australia before and this was our first stop on our round the world holiday. Leaving Australia christmas day and arriving in san fran on christmas day was very exciting. Due to the day of travel (which I definiately recommend) it was very quiet. We arrived in San Fran at 10am walked straight through customs and airport directly onto the Bart train heading into san fran city centre. with in 30 minutes we were at Powel street station, got of train up one flight of stairs (can take lift) and directly infront of us was Parc 55. The location was better than we expected. Cable car turnaround one street away (1 minute walk if that), F-line directly across the road and smack dab in the middle of the shops Macey's, Bloomingdales fantastic. Across the street at the back of Parc 55 is an excellent little coffee shop would recommend.

This is the best hotel I have stayed in. The service was excellent Michael the doorman (I think he was the door man) was the nicest person we had meet, nothing was a problem for him. The rooms were very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. We fell in love with San Francisco and the Parc 55. We are going back to San Fran in dec 2012 and we will not look any further than this hotel. The price was excellent as well. LOVED IT!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This hotel is gorgeous to look at right from the first minute you enter. The staff were fantastic and if you get deal with Elmer at the front check-in desk then you are in for an even more amazing experience.

The room was very well laid out and the bed was extremely comfortable. I always miss my own pillow but they had such a variety of pillows that I finally found the one that made for a great night's sleep.

The convenience of being so close to everything is also fantastic. Powell Street Bart is less than a block away and the famous San Francisco Tram that takes you to Union Square, China Town and Fisherman's Wharf is also less than a block away. The San Francisco Shopping Center, the massive Forever 21 Store and if you are like my wife and are addicted to the great deals at Ross then all those are within 3 to 10 minutes walking distance.

Everything about this hotel was just first class. Having stayed at The Hilton and The Palace before both of which I loved I would still have to place Parc 55 at the top of my list of hotels in San Francisco even though the Hilton has a much grander lobby. But when I was in the hotel I spent more time in my room than in the lobby so that was okay.

I will be back for sure and the next time I want to try out their Pure floor to see how it helps my allergies. Thank you to the Check-Out person whose name I can't remember unfortunately who took the time to tell me all about that feature.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review, AllanMarston. I will make sure that Elmer is recognized for his outstanding service. Thank you also for pointing out our convenient location and we look forward to your next visit when you can enjoy one of our PURE, allergy-free rooms.
denver, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed at the parc 55 just off Union Square for a long weekend. The hotel itself is SPOTLESS---big, comfy rooms, quiet, beautifully maintained. The location is the best in the city. It is LITERALLY steps from the best shopping, dining and transportation in the city. Want to ride the Powell Street Cable Car---walk one and a half blocks. BART? Ditto. Buses and trams---across the street.
You are in the middle of shopping Nirvana---The Westfield Center is across the street, and the neighborhood is packed with stores. If you can't find what you want here, you'll never be satisfied.
I booked with my AARP card, and got a rate that beat the government and conference rates. The staff was superb, and I'm planning a return trip there in a few months. My advice---book yourselves in here for a WONDERFUL stay. You'll leave your heart in San Francisco---at the parc 55.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
parc55hotel, Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
What a great review! Thank you so much for posting. We look forward to having you back.
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

This hotel is in a horrible location. I would not recomment it to anyone. There are beggers and criminals right outside the front door. The hotel was just redone but it's tacky and cheap. And to top it off service is unimpressive and cold. We rarely got a smile out of any of the employees and the food was horrible. Don't event bother to step foot in this god awful shack!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear dvandici,

Sorry to hear that you had such an awful experience. It is highly unusual for us to be rated so low for location, service, and food. We normally receive praise in these areas. I hope that you contacted a manager while you were here, because we never like to read about a bad experience for the first time in a review without having had a chance to fx it during your stay.

Management
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Recently hosted a conference at Parc 55. Stayed there as well. The staff was excellent - very accomodating and friendly. Got lots of compliments from conference attendees on the facilities and the staff. The rooms were nice, spacious, and clean. Front desk staff - esp. Diana Lopez and Kat (?) - were great. They both worked dilligently and went above and beyond to help me with a problem charge on my credit card (no fault of the hotel). Would definitely stay and/or host an event here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thanks csr123!

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, especially Kat and Diana. I am so glad that your conference was a success and that you will consider us again in the future.

Management

Been to Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square? Share your experiences!