Parc 55 Hotels:
I visited the Parc55 hotel w my wife to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. San Francisco seemed to be a great destination as we had not been here before as a couple. We asked several friends and Co workers from the Bay area and selected the Parc55 hotel as our choice hotel. Aside from feelings and bit dupped with regards to the hotel's decor the entire modern look is Confined to the registration desk area and did not apply to our room. While that area was nice it grossly misrepresented the rooms and the rest of the hotel. I apologize for being rude but there is a huge difference between how the hotel is portrayed and what it is.
Upon arrival we were met with extremely rude service by the valet. I tried to chalk that up to some type of miscommunication.
Valet: I need 58.00
Me: to park?
Valet: yes if that touch go down street there another lot for $25.00
Not too much just grossly overpriced and this is my first contact with anyone at the hotel (3rd party vendor) or not. Then I asked if could check in as I did not have cash and the valet would not allow me a ticket so after an unecessary 15min argument we were able to check in and my wife got cash so we could pay the valet. We planned to commute from the hotel again the way the info was described was not acceptable not the price. A young guy named Mark from the valet was great to us on may 2nd. Furthermore it is ridiculous that you will force hotel guests to pay 58.00 to park yet validate or reduce the rate to simply dine at your hotel resteraunts. That is outrageous. I reported the incident to the front desk and where a very nice young lady (she is the person who checked me in I did not catch her name) we were upgraded w regards to the room however the toilet leaked all over the bathroom floor. Unfortunate not intentional I'm sure but initially I assumed it was I who made the floor wet after a shower however after cleaning the restroom up and almost slipping in the middle of the night using the restroom I could see where it was leaking from the flex line and took a picture.
Kin Khao resteraunt was extremely rude. I called earlier in the day to ask if we needed a reservation and was told no there could be a wait of anywhere between 30min- 5min depending in how busy they get. When I asked for a table again (the theme of the staff) I was told no unless I had again reservation I asked if it were required as I called earlier and was told reservations were not a requirement. Almost as if she wanted me to leave. The hostess then stated well its Friday night so....I saw three open tables and zero parties waiting as well as four seats at the bar which I was also told was reserved. The hostess was very rude and chippy with her tone and extremely unfriendly. I then decided we were cutting our trip short which was scheduled from 05-01, 05-03. We only stayed one night. With us checking in at 3pm all of this happened within maybe 4-5 hours and reasonably ruined any and all of our plans for may 1st. We were told it was 45min-1.5 hours wait we probably would have waited had the hostess not been so rude. I brought this back to the front desk again and met a very nice young lady named Brownlye. Her and the other front desk staff were superb and provided us w excellent service. We were offered a complimentary breakfast at your buffet and did accept the offer but please know I am was clear I was not asking for anything because frankly at that point the anniversary was ruined. I hope you take this feedback serious and do not impact anyone else's special moments or misrepresent the registration floor as the main feature of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive experiences. An exceptional location. Just steps away from Union Square, Parc 55 offers something for business travelers and vacationers alike, including: 1,024 modern guest rooms and 15 executive suites. Over 30,000 square feet of event space, a contemporary on-site restaurant & bar. Walking distance to Union Square, the Moscone Center, and the Embarcadero. Moments from downtown shopping, South of Market Museums and the Theater District. Steps away from the Powell Street Cable Car Line to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and Ghirardelli Square Adjacent to the Powell Street Station BART and MUNI lines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc 55 Wyndham Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Parc 55
- Parc 55 Hotel San Francisco