“Unacceptable Misrepresentation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel

You added Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Unacceptable Misrepresentation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Parc 55 Hotels:

I visited the Parc55 hotel w my wife to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. San Francisco seemed to be a great destination as we had not been here before as a couple. We asked several friends and Co workers from the Bay area and selected the Parc55 hotel as our choice hotel. Aside from feelings and bit dupped with regards to the hotel's decor the entire modern look is Confined to the registration desk area and did not apply to our room. While that area was nice it grossly misrepresented the rooms and the rest of the hotel. I apologize for being rude but there is a huge difference between how the hotel is portrayed and what it is.

Upon arrival we were met with extremely rude service by the valet. I tried to chalk that up to some type of miscommunication.
Valet: I need 58.00
Me: to park?
Valet: yes if that touch go down street there another lot for $25.00
Not too much just grossly overpriced and this is my first contact with anyone at the hotel (3rd party vendor) or not. Then I asked if could check in as I did not have cash and the valet would not allow me a ticket so after an unecessary 15min argument we were able to check in and my wife got cash so we could pay the valet. We planned to commute from the hotel again the way the info was described was not acceptable not the price. A young guy named Mark from the valet was great to us on may 2nd. Furthermore it is ridiculous that you will force hotel guests to pay 58.00 to park yet validate or reduce the rate to simply dine at your hotel resteraunts. That is outrageous. I reported the incident to the front desk and where a very nice young lady (she is the person who checked me in I did not catch her name) we were upgraded w regards to the room however the toilet leaked all over the bathroom floor. Unfortunate not intentional I'm sure but initially I assumed it was I who made the floor wet after a shower however after cleaning the restroom up and almost slipping in the middle of the night using the restroom I could see where it was leaking from the flex line and took a picture.

Kin Khao resteraunt was extremely rude. I called earlier in the day to ask if we needed a reservation and was told no there could be a wait of anywhere between 30min- 5min depending in how busy they get. When I asked for a table again (the theme of the staff) I was told no unless I had again reservation I asked if it were required as I called earlier and was told reservations were not a requirement. Almost as if she wanted me to leave. The hostess then stated well its Friday night so....I saw three open tables and zero parties waiting as well as four seats at the bar which I was also told was reserved. The hostess was very rude and chippy with her tone and extremely unfriendly. I then decided we were cutting our trip short which was scheduled from 05-01, 05-03. We only stayed one night. With us checking in at 3pm all of this happened within maybe 4-5 hours and reasonably ruined any and all of our plans for may 1st. We were told it was 45min-1.5 hours wait we probably would have waited had the hostess not been so rude. I brought this back to the front desk again and met a very nice young lady named Brownlye. Her and the other front desk staff were superb and provided us w excellent service. We were offered a complimentary breakfast at your buffet and did accept the offer but please know I am was clear I was not asking for anything because frankly at that point the anniversary was ruined. I hope you take this feedback serious and do not impact anyone else's special moments or misrepresent the registration floor as the main feature of the hotel.

Regards,

Joe Day
Joeday.joeday@gmail.com

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Parc 55 is a nice hotel in downtown San Francisco. Walking distance to the Union Square and downtown shopping. I used my Hilton points and got a reduced rate but I would pay full price to stay again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 2 nights here. Friendly staff, nice room. We had 2 beds in our room which were quite small. Couldn't sleep 2 in a bed comfortably but the bed had a quilt and was very comfortable for 1. Bathroom adequate.
Located just round the corner from the cable car and streetcars. Shops everywhere. Nice sandwich place round the side of the hotel, good for breakfast bagels made to order and delicious donuts.
There is a large gym, very busy in the mornings. Wifi free only in lobby area.
Nice hotel, would use again. However, if you are a tourist just wanting to see the sights, a hotel nearer to the Wharf might be more suitable, though the public transport from this hotel was very good. If you want to shop, this hotel is perfect.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in the Parc 55 in late April. Lovely hotel. It is a great location to Union Square where the tour buses go from and just around the corner from the start of the cable cars. We had a high up room as I asked for a low noise room. We arrived late and the guy who served us was very lovely and helpful. Disappointed that there are no kettles in the room nor a fridge as we just felt like a hot cup of tea when we got in. Must be an Australian thing lol. I was also disappointed that WIFI was not included in the price. I don't really understand why it is not just common practice these days for hotels especially since you can go get a cup of coffee and get wifi. We joined the Hilton Honours club as we stayed in the Hilton also in Vegas.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room ask for it as we got a high floor 28 if I remember right great view of the...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jennifer A, Manager at Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our central location and thought our Front Desk staff’s service to be lovely. I have shared your comments regarding WiFi charges with our Executive Team. We have both tea kettles and refrigerators available to all guests upon request. I am sorry that information was made available to you during your stay here. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the not too distant future. Kindest regards.
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I and a friend staying at this property for a couple of nights to explore
San Francisco whilst waiting to board a cruise ship bound for Alaska. The property
was ok with ok views of the surrounding skyline. Food was ok although there were
a lot a great restaurants within one block. Also the F train stopped right across the
street which took us down to the waterfront, Pier 39 where the sea lions are,
Fisherman's Wharf, etc. A few too many homeless hanging around but that might
have just been San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you took advantage of our central location, and found our hotel to your liking. We hope to welcome you back to our property the next time you are in San Francisco. Kindest regards.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Location was in walking distance of shopping area. Not near Wharf which is normally noisy. Took cable car ride and hop on hop off bus works great if you have time.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your experience was a good one; that you found our staff to be friendly, hotel clean, and enjoyed our central location. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Parc 55 San Francisco. All the best
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the moment we checked in, we noticed that the staff at this hotel was very accommodating and well-equipped for business travelers or families. We had a great room on the 30th floor with beautiful views of the city. Large bathroom and comfortable beds. Great quick breakfast in the lobby or a fantastic breakfast buffet option. We had noisy guests on our floor and security was responsive and decisive. All in all the location cannot be beat. You can take the BART from SFO or Oakland, exit Powell, and walk into the hotel. Great location to hop on the cable car to the wharf. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for upper level with bay view
Green Features: Encouraged reuse of towels and recycling bins provided.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our staff’s service and found our hotel to be very accommodating and well-equipped to handle all various types of travelers. Furthermore we are glad that our security team was able to promptly and effectively respond to your needs. I have shared your compliments regarding our breakfast with our Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Parc 55 San Francisco – a Hilton Hotel in the not too distant future. Kindest regards.

Been to Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!