“Nice Addition by Hilton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel

You added Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bonus HHonors Points
Ranked #127 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Nice Addition by Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a newly acquired property by Hilton, and I am happy with the central location in downtown San Francisco.

The hotel lobby and entrance receives 4 stars, however the rooms are 3 star ish.
The bed was a little hard, the TV was blurred. The restrooms were above average, but the property is in need of a touch up/ renovation. The elevators are really dated, and kind of slow, but the service makes up for the little inconveniences listed above.

The hotel staff was friendly, respectful and helpful. I will definitely be staying at this property, and hope this hotel preforms a renovation similar to that of the Hilton in Concord, CA, but with better service (Hilton Concord Customer service is terrible, starting with the revenue manager Angel Garcia, but that's a different rant).

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Taylor L, Public Relations Manager at Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear what really stood out about your experience was our friendly staff! We value your comments about areas for improvement and will share them with the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I bid $100 on a room here through one of Hotwire's secret deals. Was expecting a different hotel, and after reading some of the reviews here, I was a little concerned...

BUT we had a great experience, thanks to someone at the front desk who did us a HUGE favor -- gave us a suite on the 30th floor ($100!!!!) -- and it was AWESOME! Our suite had three separate rooms (bedroom, bathroom, and sitting room with a desk) with an outdoor patio. Phenomenal. The view was amazing, the bed was so comfortable... truly grateful to the person who "hooked us up" :)

A couple negative points -- no fault of the hotel, but in the interest of full disclosure:
1. Hotel valet parking *is* $55, which we learned was typical for SF. We ended up parking down the street for $40.
2. The area around the hotel is pretty bad, in regards to homelessness. I saw some comments about this before our trip and thought the people who complained about it must be not used to that sort of thing. Well, I've experienced homelessness in D.C, Chicago, and Denver, and this is the worst I've seen. Didn't seen SO bad right outside the hotel, but be careful if you go one block over...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Taylor L, Public Relations Manager at Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am pleased to hear one of our staff members took great care of you at check in with an upgrade to one of our top floor suites! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. All the best.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed for one night (a Wednesday) while in SF for business and it was the closest hotel to the Moscone Center which was my destination. Overall I was really impressed. The gym was huge with newer, well maintained equipment. The lady at check in was friendly and the process was swift. The breakfast staff were inviting and the buffet- OMG I could have sat there for over an hour. The only downside for me was no room service. I needed to be down the street by 7:30AM and being able to order from my room would have been ideal. I am happy it's been purchased by Hilton as now I can get my HHonors points when I stay there. I'm excited too see what changes may come once it's officially rebranded.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments about our location, gym, friendly staff and breakfast buffet. We are pleased to hear you had a nice short business visit. Thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and for the loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time. All the best.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here recently for a corporate event, and this hotel was the worst price-value experience I have ever had. It's conveniently located near the Powell BART/Muni station, the Westfield San Francisco mall, Union Square, Moscone Center, etc. The check-in experience was fast and friendly, and the lobby is nicely appointed. That's the end of the positives.

When I arrived at my room, I noticed the earplugs on the bathroom counter with the rest of the toiletries, but didn't think much about them. The 7th floor corner room was large, reasonably well appointed, and the bed was OK but not great. The bathroom was really dated with a telephone from the 1980's, dark, gloomy shower with slow drain and low shower head (seriously, hotel architects, 6'1" is not an exceptionally tall person).

When I came back later in the evening to sleep, I was startled by the amount of noise. The windows in the room had a very weird design with a kind of mailslot-like deal at the bottom that I guess was intended to let in fresh air without allowing you to jump, but mostly just let in noise. The guy singing Stand By Me at 1am really took the cake. It has to be said that I'm not from the countryside - I live a few blocks from the Space Needle in Seattle - so I wasn't expecting absolute silence - but from the noise level you would have thought I just had all the windows open.

The housekeeping was also not really up to my standards - they left the box from the soap in the shower, and the empty containers of shampoo from each day piled up throughout the stay.

I would never stay here again. There are so many better hotels nearby - the Intercontinental a few blocks away, or the Hotel Vitale by the Ferry Plaza come to mind as similarly priced and yet worlds better in quality.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us. We are pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and location convenient. I apologize however for the housekeeping comments, I can assure you this is not what we strive for and I will review this with them. We are also sorry to hear you were unable to get a good night’s rest as we know how important this is while traveling. We appreciate you feedback, thank you again for letting us know.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The perfect stay for my wife's first trip to SanFran. We got a room higher up which had a great view as the fog burned off. This is a great spot in the city - central to everything. The staff that checked us in was really friendly. We asked for some recommendations a few times from the concierge desk.. they offered the standard maps and such but we were really looking for some good off the beaten path recommendations. We will definitely stay here again. It's right off the BART so that is a huge plus too.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get above the surrounding rooftops. This is one of the taller hotels in th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the excellent feedback about our hotel, staff and views! We are honored your chose our hotel for your wife’s first trip to SF. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the future.
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The greatest asset of the Parc 55 San Francisco Hotel is its location, in the heart of the main shopping district of San Francisco, right off of Market Street and within a few blocks of Union Square, the Moscone Convention Center, and many of the city's theatres and restaurants. The hotel entrance is within 100 feet of the entrance to a BART/MUNI station with convenient public transportation to San Francisco Airport (SFO), the East Bay, and other locations within the city.

This hotel scored very high on two very important criteria that I highly value. The room, bathroom, and furnishings were immaculately clean. And the bedding was very comfortable allowing me to get a great night's sleep for each of the four nights I stayed at this hotel (Sunday, February 22 through Thursday, February 26).

I had a corner room on the 19th floor (1926) with two windows facing the south and west; the views were magnificent.

It should be noted that being a hotel in the middle of a downtown area of a major city, you should expect to hear the occasional police or fire truck siren, even on high floors. Such sirens are meant to be heard and I heard a few during the middle of each of the four nights of my stay. For better or for worse, it is nearly impossible to totally insulate a room from hearing such sounds if a window is provided. However, I didn't hear any routine street noise from my room!

All the hotel employees who I encountered including the door persons, front desk personnel, and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful.

I experienced two major, significant shortcomings with my room experience in this hotel, neither of which were associated with its recent rebadging from Wyndham to Hilton.

Internet Bandwidth – Whether I am traveling on business or for pleasure, I NEED (not WANT) reliable, high speed internet access in my room to access not only e-mail, but my company's servers and internal websites via VPN. I was not attempting anything “exotic” such as streaming video. My room rate had Internet access included. I used the wired connection (100mbit). (Note that to use the wired connection, it is strictly BYOC – Bring Your Own Cable. No Ethernet cable or any other hookup cables for the room's AV connections are provided!) Doing off-peak times such as early Sunday afternoon or before 7:00am on weekday mornings, it is possible to get up to 5 megabits/second download bandwidth which is marginally acceptable by today's standards. However, during weekday evening hours up through midnight (and later), I encountered bandwidth that at times slowed down to dial-up modem speeds of 10 to 56 kilobits/second. Others in my company staying in this hotel had similar Internet access bandwidth issues. This is totally unacceptable for a what purports to be a full service, Hilton-branded hotel catering to business travelers in a major US city with room rates typically over $300/night!

Room Lighting – Apparently in an effort to conserve energy and to be “politically correct,” all light bulbs in my room, except for the light fixture over the bathroom vanity, were changed to LED bulbs. I certainly applaud energy conservation, however, if one is employing a new lighting technology, one should at least use the correct light bulbs. All the LED bulbs in my room were 6 watt round bulbs, meant to substitute for 50 to 60 watt incandescent bulbs. Sorry, but a single bulb with 50 to 60 watt incandescent bulb equivalence is simply insufficient lighting for a reading lamp by the bed or a desk lamp. A 100 watt incandescent bulb equivalent (16 watt LED or 23 watt CFL) is much more appropriate. Furthermore, these same 6 watt, round LED bulbs were also put into ceiling spotlight receptacles by the door. These bulbs are not meant for that purpose and not only are not effective, but also pose a potential heat dissipation problem; LED spots should have been used. Fair warning, if you expect to be able to read in one of these rooms after dark, BYOB – Bring Your Own Bulbs (or maybe a good flashlight).

Also note that the rooms have neither a minibar nor any mini-fridge although there appeared to be an area including electric outlet in my room, by the closet, that was designed for same. I didn't miss a minibar, but I do appreciate hotel rooms that provide a mini-fridge into which I can put a few soft drinks and/or water. Apparently, for $25 a night extra, the hotel will bring a mini-fridge to your room for your use. Sorry but that is cheesy nickel and diming!

For better worse, given that the conference I was attending provided for all my meals on this trip to San Francisco, I did not have the opportunity to try any of the hotel's food service offerings.

SUMMARY – Despite the great location, unless this hotel were to seriously upgrade its internet service and provide more and better lighting in its rooms, I very regrettably CANNOT recommend the Parc 55 Hotel for business travelers who need to get work done in their rooms.

Room Tip: High floor, end of floor corner views offer amazing views!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Taylor L, Public Relations Manager at Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear you were comfortable in our rooms and found our staff to be very helpful. I am sorry to learn of your complications with the internet service and lighting in our rooms. We will be upgrading our internet service as part of our transition to Hilton so hopefully this will improve our current system. I will also speak with my Engineering team about the light bulbs in the rooms. We utilize all guest feedback to help us better our hotel and really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. We hope to have the chance to impress you in the future. Thanks again.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I went to San Fran for valentines Day with my finance' and we chose this hotel because the travel package rated it highly. The hotel was doing a transition from Wyndham to Hilton and it was a complete mess. My keys didn't work and it took 3 trips back and forth to get it resolved. I pre-paid for my 3 night stay and then got charged again by the hotel upon departure. I have contacted several people and its been 2 weeks and i have not been refunded the money.

Don't plan on eating in this hotel as the food choices are limited and pricey. The hotel is well designed when you get in and centrally located to a lot of sites and shopping. Spend your money on a place that will treat you better during and after the stay. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to refund money that was never yours to take. I have stayed places that made the same mistake and the money was refunded the same day.

March/2/2015

Dear Mr Blair,

I am writing to you from Hilton’s Guest Assistance department in relation with your recent stay at the Parc 55 San Francisco. I believe that the hotel has reached out to you in concern to your refund. If you require more information in regards to the refund, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at 415-392-8000

Should you require further assistance, you are welcome to contact us. Once again we thank you for your comments and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

With kind regards,

Marie-Claude

Marie-Claude Fontaine

Guest Assistance International

Specialist

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share this unfortunate experience with us. We strived to make the transition to Hilton as smooth as possible and are very sorry this was not the case for you. I am pleased to hear someone has reached out in regards to the refund but if you are still having any further complications please email me directly at the hotel. Shelly.harris@hilton.com and I will try to escalate this with my accounting team. Again we apologize your stay was less than excellent and appreciate you letting us know to help us improve in the future.

Been to Parc 55 San Francisco - a Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!