We needed a get-away in February and booked a weekend in San Francisco. The entire trip was tainted (in a great way) in that it was Sunny, Blue Skies and 60 degrees - In February - In San Francisco. If you don't know how rare this is - it's very rare in June to get that kind of weekend. [President's Day Weekend]
We booked at the Parc 55 for a King View Room. We were in RM 2119 and had an east view of the Bay and Downtown. We could not have been happier. The room was well amended - and we had no issues with the motel. The bed was great -I travel a lot for work -this was a first class mattress.
The Location is optimal. We took BART Yellow Line from Airport ($8.25 each -very EZ to do) and the Powell St station is less then 200 feet from the Station exit to the Motel. There are no closer motels from Station to Door than this in Union Square. The motel is across from the Westfield shopping plaza. Uber convenient. The Powell Street Cable car is just out the door and 1 partial block away. Union Square is 2.5 blocks away - there you can get the double decker tour buses - we did a 48 hour City Sightseeing Tour - City Sightseeing is one of many open top tours operating in SF. They were awesome - read the reviews - and understand this - people from around the WORLD come here. So in peak season expect lines and upper deck seating to fill up. We sat roof top on every tour we took.
We rode the downtown loop several times; PLUS: Golden Gate bridge/ Sausalito - and the Golden Gate park.
Getting on the downtown loop at the Westin (on 3rd) was an accidental discovery we made - you avoid the lines at Union Square! The bus routes are dynamic depending on what is happening in downtown. But you always can catch their buses at Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf.
We easily walked through Union Square and on to China town.
After each adventure it was back to the comfort of our room. We had a coffee maker but no fridge - the restaurant was great as was the bar - try the Moscow Mule served in a metal cup.. But there are so many places to go for food. Also, SF appears to be worse than Seattle for multiple Starbucks. I swear they are on almost every corner.
We found a great breakfast at Cafe Venue on 5th. For quick Dinner there was a Chipotle around the corner or with a little walk the Tropisueno Mexican across from the park on was awesome! You obviously can find more and spend more as SF is loaded with top dining experiences - we went more tourist than gourmet on this adventure.
So if you need a break hop on Alaska Air to SFO and the BART to Powell and Rack out at the Wyndham Parc55 in the heart of San Francisco with access to all points. In a 3 night stay we hit - Sausalito - Golden Gate bridge - Golden Gate Park - Haight Ashbury (drive by) - Pier 39 / Fisherman's Wharf / Ghirardelli’s Square. Oh, and Union Square, Westfield, and China Town.
Remember it is San Francisco and the air is cool, on a Bus Top it is even cooler! Next Time, I look forward to getting off to climb Coit Tower and a lunch in a North Shore eatery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive experiences. An exceptional location. Just steps away from Union Square, Parc 55 offers something for business travelers and vacationers alike, including:1,024 modern guest rooms and15 executive suitesOver 30,000 square feet of event space A contemporary on-site restaurant and barWalking distance to Union Square, the Moscone Center, and the EmbarcaderoMoments from downtown shopping, South of Market Museums and the Theatre District.Steps away from the Powell Street Cable Car Line to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and Ghirardelli Square Adjacent to the Powell Street Station BART and MUNI lines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc 55 Wyndham Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Parc 55
- Parc 55 Hotel San Francisco