We stayed here for one night when my daughter traveled to San Francisco for a series of interviews. I picked this particular hotel because of its location. The hotel is just across the street from the BART station, so it is ideal for those traveling without a car. Shopping is just outside the door and the trolley car is, too. I also got what I felt was a good rate.
We arrived at about 2:00, which is the time I noted we would be there when I filled out their comment section when I booked the room. We were a bit early as check in is at 3:00, which wasn't a concern of mine as long as we could drop off our bags at the hotel. We were told by the woman at the front desk that she would call us when our room became available and I gave her my phone number and we checked our luggage. After grabbing lunch at Nordstroms (and not receiving a call to say our room was ready), we came back at about 3:15, but were told the room still wasn't ready. Since we were now trying to get into a room after the 3:00 check in time, I mentioned that my daughter was getting a bit crabby and was anxious to take a quick nap. The gentleman upgraded us so that we could get into a room right away. I thought this was very nice of him, even though our real room should have been available by this time. I really appreciated the upgrade, though.
We stayed on the 25th floor, which had a nice view. The room was a nice size and it was very clean. The bathroom was also large and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I wasn't bothered by the city noise, but that may have been because we were a bit higher up. But I always travel with earplugs, so this wouldn't have been an issue anyway.
We had our luggage held the next day since we didn't fly out until that evening. We did spend an hour in the bar at the hotel, killing time before heading to the airport. Very friendly people working there. We also had a bite to eat there and enjoyed the food.
All in all, I really enjoyed this hotel. Loved the room. And the employees we dealt with were all very friendly and helpful. However, I have to admit that I didn't like the entry to the hotel or the registration area. It seemed very empty and expansive, but very cold. Not a good first impression--it could have been a bit more inviting. Other than that, I really have no complaints. And I will definately look at staying here again on my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive experiences. An exceptional location. Just steps away from Union Square, Parc 55 offers something for business travelers and vacationers alike, including:1,024 modern guest rooms and15 executive suitesOver 30,000 square feet of event space A contemporary on-site restaurant and barWalking distance to Union Square, the Moscone Center, and the EmbarcaderoMoments from downtown shopping, South of Market Museums and the Theatre District.Steps away from the Powell Street Cable Car Line to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and Ghirardelli Square Adjacent to the Powell Street Station BART and MUNI lines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc 55 Wyndham Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Parc 55
- Parc 55 Hotel San Francisco