“Would definately stay again!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Price
Save 20% + Free internet!
Ranked #68 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle
“Would definately stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night when my daughter traveled to San Francisco for a series of interviews. I picked this particular hotel because of its location. The hotel is just across the street from the BART station, so it is ideal for those traveling without a car. Shopping is just outside the door and the trolley car is, too. I also got what I felt was a good rate.

We arrived at about 2:00, which is the time I noted we would be there when I filled out their comment section when I booked the room. We were a bit early as check in is at 3:00, which wasn't a concern of mine as long as we could drop off our bags at the hotel. We were told by the woman at the front desk that she would call us when our room became available and I gave her my phone number and we checked our luggage. After grabbing lunch at Nordstroms (and not receiving a call to say our room was ready), we came back at about 3:15, but were told the room still wasn't ready. Since we were now trying to get into a room after the 3:00 check in time, I mentioned that my daughter was getting a bit crabby and was anxious to take a quick nap. The gentleman upgraded us so that we could get into a room right away. I thought this was very nice of him, even though our real room should have been available by this time. I really appreciated the upgrade, though.

We stayed on the 25th floor, which had a nice view. The room was a nice size and it was very clean. The bathroom was also large and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I wasn't bothered by the city noise, but that may have been because we were a bit higher up. But I always travel with earplugs, so this wouldn't have been an issue anyway.

We had our luggage held the next day since we didn't fly out until that evening. We did spend an hour in the bar at the hotel, killing time before heading to the airport. Very friendly people working there. We also had a bite to eat there and enjoyed the food.

All in all, I really enjoyed this hotel. Loved the room. And the employees we dealt with were all very friendly and helpful. However, I have to admit that I didn't like the entry to the hotel or the registration area. It seemed very empty and expansive, but very cold. Not a good first impression--it could have been a bit more inviting. Other than that, I really have no complaints. And I will definately look at staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shelly H, Public Relations Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the detailed comments; we appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. I am sorry for the delay at check-in, we are a very busy hotel running full occupancy almost every night and this can create a delay at times for rooms to get cleaned and ready for the next guests. I am happy to hear that due to the delay we were able to offer a complimentary upgrade to our view level rooms. I hope that the wait was worth it in the end. I will share this great feedback with the team to help us improve our operations in the future. We are excited that you will be staying again; we value your repeat business to our hotel. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
ESCALON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Took the family to see Lion King at the Orpheum and enjoyed two nights at the Parc 55. Great deal and convenient to Union Square, BART and Muni. Used the room/parking special for our oversize truck and was not disappointed in cost or service. Our rooms were on the 17 floor very little noise and a very nice view. We did not use many services, but felt very welcomed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Shelly H, Front Office Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Parc55 as the hotel for your family to stay in while visiting SF – and for taking the time to provide such great comments! I’m happy to hear that your parking charges were resolved quickly and easily and we look forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon!
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel a few years ago and decided to stay there the week b/f Christmas for some R&R and shopping. At the end of Nov. we noticed that the hotel had a special going on and so we deicded to upgrade to the premier king room. Once I called the hotel to confirm,
they told me that the special price was only for 'Black Friday', and since the day I called was
after Black Friday, the price was higher. Once I told them that the sale is still on their web page, they immediately gave me the sale price w/out a hassle. When we arrived at the hotel and checked in, we were told we had a beautiful room. Well, let me tell you, it was fabulous. We were on the 29th floor, and our room was huge......it was a corner room so we could see the ocean from one side and the city from the other. The room was so huge that it even had its own
treadmill in it!!! The hotel was spotless and the rooms extremely clean (this coming from a
germaphobe!) I usually have a hard time sleeping in beds other than my own, but this bed was so comfy and so were the pillows. The location coudn't be better.....we took BART in and the
BART station is right across the street. Just beyond that is a huge shopping mall. Hailing a taxi is a breeze since the hotel staff is outside w/ a whistle,& will hail one for you. There are alot
of homeless/beggers around the area, but they don't hastle you once you tell them you can't
help them. We would highly recommend this hotel, but splurge and go above the 27th floor, it is so worth it. I know some people complained about hearing a lot of sirens, but this hotel provides earplugs!!! Thank you, Parc 55 for a special 3 days and I think we may make this a Christmas shopping tradition!!!

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the premier king above the 27th floor.....spectacular views of the ocean and the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelly H, Public Relations Manager at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback, we are so pleased to hear that you choose our hotel to spend you Christmas get away. I happy you enjoyed everything and we truly appreciate your repeat business and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
SAN FRANCISCO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wanted to have a weekend getaway and avoid my relatives while here for a holiday. Definitely a great deal when they have cheap rates- we stayed in a standard room and still had a beautiful view of downtown. Steps away from great shopping and restaurants, and easy to get to via public transit. Room was great, comfy linens, ample space for 2- only complaint was the soundproofing wasn't that good. Room was right by the maid's closet and there were always people talking and taking stuff out- during the day I didn't mind but it was annoying in the early morning (thank god for earplugs)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff so they will be more considerate when working near the guest rooms. All in all I’m happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will be back to visit soon!

Been to Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square? Share your experiences!