“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Price
Save 20% + Free internet!
Ranked #69 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pine City, Minnesota
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I just came back from our first trip to San Francisco. We stayed at Parc 55 and loved it! The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and very modern. It took us 2 months to decide on a hotel, and I'm so happy that we chose Parc 55. We never spent more then $10 on a cab ride because it's located in the center of everything. If you are looking for great hotel and willing to pay a little more it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

After a very unexpected 4 day hospital stay upon arrival in San Francisco which caused me to miss one of the cities most famous events, I found myself at the Parc 55 for some rest and recuperation. I could not have been treated more fantastically by everyone on staff than I was! From the concern about my bandage by Wendy at the front desk to the personal, superior compassion and thoughtfulness shown by Julia, the hotel office manager and executive assistant I felt like a King in a grand castle! I hated to leave so much that now just 2 days later I am returning!

You cannot go wrong at this property! The location is absolutely ideal for anyone visiting San Francisco with attractions, food, transportation and entertainment just steps away! Rooms are immaculate, beds comfortable and inviting, bathrooms and amenities are impeccable, business center and Internet computers around the hotel are extremely convenient and that staff goes above and beyond you ensure you feel as if you are truly a valued guest. Do not hesitate to stay at this premier hotel!

Room Tip: By all means upgrade to a club level room!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed here for 6 days on a business training that was being held in Oakland. Preferred staying in SF and commuting to Oakland for obvious reasons. Never having been in SF I wanted to have the convenience of being in the thick of things once the training was complete. The location of this hotel was great for this. It is located a block from a BARD station that would have me at the Oakland training location in about 15 minutes. It is also located about a block from a cable car stop and several street bus stops. This made it very convenient to travel throughout San Fran.

Room was very spacious and clean, concierge was great! I decide against renting a car upon reading on the extensive public transportation options and do not regret my decision. I arrived early Sunday, rented a bike and rode across the west side to ocean beach, up through Presidio and across the GG Bridge to Sausalito...this was quite an experience and one that I would recommend highly.

Checkout was easy. Bed was very comfy, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

First impression of this hotel was it was admist all the buzzling downtown ! the cable tramps were just below the hotel. Rooms were good enough and best thing was that the rooms had humidifiers which people like us coming from asian countries for holidays there, deffinately need that. So thumps up to that !!!!!! :). Hotel was very busy. Guess it was in downtown area. Here again we booked 2 rooms as we are 4 adults, and the rooms were quite roomy. Staff and service was alright. I guess we asians expect a little more hospitable service when it comes to star hotels. But overall not bad as the location was good like the way we wanted it to be as we were there on holiday.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is hotel is very good, but you pay the price too, so I wouldn't say it is excellent. It's location on the other hand is perfect, so we would choose it again just for that,.

Room Tip: Get a club room,, includes breakfast
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed here several times since 2001 back when it was part of the Marriott family.

I stayed there this past weekend for gay pride and it has been my first stay since they have joined Wyndham.

This is my favorite hotel in Union Square due mainly to it's convenient location. Seeing I never go outside the city when I am in SF, I have no need for a car and take cabs or bart/muni. It is very easy to find a hotel and coming from the SFO, it is only a $8 BART fare and all you have to do is go up the escalator from the bart station and cross the street and you are at the hotel. Same if you need to use the muni.

The rooms are good sized for that area and recently renovated. This past stay I had a really nice corner room. The by request welcome gift waiting in my room was very nice, a couple diet cokes were waiting for me on ice when I entered the room at checkin along with a couple bottled waters and a generous tray of organic fresh fruit.

I have seen others complain about the internet speed but I had no problems with it. I used my IPAD to connect and the speed was fine. One thing that was sort of a pain was having to create an account to log on and having to log on again every time I wanted to use my IPAD and it would never recognize the user name and password and I would have to create a new account. At other Wyndham properties, I just had to enter my byrequest number for the access.

Staff was great this stay as always.

I never rent a car in SF, but I am told parking is very expensive at the hotel and is valet only, so if you have a car, the parking charges could be a drawback. Also noise can be an issue, I was on the 17th floor and heard a lot of street noise, but it is in a very busy location and they do provide ear plugs if someone wants them.

Room Tip: Request a higher level floor for a good view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
san jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I always stay here at the Parc 55. I am a Wyndham rewards member, and for the longest time Wyndham never had a property in the Union Square area in San Francisco. Recently 2 years ago, Wyndham bought out the Parc 55. It is a fairly priced 5-star hotel, but priced as a 3 or 4 star hotel.

Rooms are big for San Francisco. Other hotels have rooms that are 150-200 square feet. The Parc 55 is a well 250-300 square feet, flat screen tv's, ipod hookups, marble bathrooms, plush bedding, and rooms all with a stunning view for the price. Rooms are very quiet, cant hear any neighbors all the times that I have stayed there. I have stayed here maybe 6 times in the last 2 years and love this hotel. Perfect location above the BART station, in union square.

The only bad thing is no pool, and parking is $65 which is average for hotels in the city but I usually take BART to the city and park at SFO.

All the employee's are very accomidating. Best 5 star hotel for the money. Usually its $150-$200 a night compared to the other 5 star hotels which are usually $200-$300 a night.

Room Tip: They upgrade free if you ask for it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco Union Square? Share your experiences!