“Not bad for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mosser

Save Saved
You added The Mosser to your Saves list
The Mosser
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Fourth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Financial District)   |
Ranked #76 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Not bad for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I liked this hotel. It's old and very European with the shared toilets and all. I was lucky enough to book a room with a private bathroom. The room was cozy and perfect for one. It was pretty loud but acceptable since it's located in the heart of Union Square area. Great shopping nearby too!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Yvonne O, Director of Sales at The Mosser, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Mosser Hotel and giving us a nice review.

1,481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great wi-fi, friendly staff, very clean, hotel has a lot of character. I would much rather stay here than a standard style hotel AND it was less expensive. The rooms are small, but it was big enough. I enjoyed my stay very much. Very mixed clientele. Cardiogist conference in town so there were several cardiologists and related types as well as several Europeans. I had a great time,

Room Tip: I had a shared bathroom room. I never once had to wait for the bathroom and it was very clean
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying at the Mosser Hotel and for the great review. Hoping that you stay with us again in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We didn't originally plan to stay here. We had a hotel up by the Golden Gate Bridge. However, when we got off the Bart, we wanted to stay downtown. I happened to look up hotels nearby and The Mosser came up with great reviews and great pricing for downtown. When we walked in they helped us get in the room we wanted. The staff here is absolutely wonderful! So attentive and helpful. They were there to wish us a great day when we would go off on our journey and welcomed us back on our way in. The room itself was perfect. They are small, but I never expected a large room in downtown SF. It was perfect for what we needed. And the location was great! So easy to get to wherever we wanted to go. Walking distance within Union Square or jumping on the cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf. Also the Muni and Bart station is right around the corner if you have to go farther away from down town. Overall, the stay here was absolutely perfect! Sometimes we didn't even want to leave our room! So glad we switched and decided to stay here!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for staying at the Mosser Hotel and giving us a great review. Grateful if you could share your great experience at the Mosser Hotel with your friends and family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The staff was really nice and as tourist helped us get familiar with the city the local way. The room was very clean and comforting I suggest all visitors to stay at The Mosser. Plus really great pricing for stay in Union square. Thanks again guys!

• Stayed June 2014
Fountain, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel is like an apartment, yet very well styled and looks great. Rooms are like a European small, so enough room to sleep, shower and room for luggage. Walking distance to all local shopping and the rail cars. There's a valet service or you can self park a few blocks away for cheaper. Great price for being right downtown. Just be aware that there will be street noise and noise from other guests, but they do provide ear plugs in your room which is nice. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

As it might be known to everyone,San Francisco is an expensive place to stay-especially if you make your plans at very short notice.The Mosser was a perfect for a last-minute reservation;my friend and I had to go for a room for two with shared bathroom,but it was so clean that I'm sure it would be OK to reserve that room for a couple of days.The location of the hotel is superb;the bus and tram stops are just in front of the hotel as well as Bart,by which you can get to and from the airport.A very small breakfast with muffins and tea/coffee is served in the lobby,which I liked since it would have been exactly the same breakfast I would have spent money on outside.So,overall,will I stay at the Mosser again if I go to SF?Yes,I will.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had such a nice stay - after my past three hotels were mediocre I was really pleased with the room size, design, cleanliness and service. We will definitely stay again! Great location as well. Love the bay windows :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mosser? Share your experiences!