“Feels Like Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
oakdale, CA
“Feels Like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My niece and I recently visited Hotel Abri for a one night stay. The staff made this first time trip to SF for my niece one her most memorable memories ever. When we walked into our room my little one was elated. The room was spacious, clean, had a very good energy about it. There is plenty of space for clothes and luggage to be placed. The bathroom is an excellent size and very modern in its settings. We felt like it was home. The staff were very helpful and sweet in making sure we were well satisfied with our accommodations. Free Wifi was an added bonus. This hotel definitely has the ability to serve the average business person to an average family without skipping a beat in its service. I will be planning all my future stays with Hotel Abri may it be for pleasure or business. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The room was the smallest I've been in in the USA and reminded me of Japanese sizes. It was a queen room, cheapest available. Apart from that the place was friendly and clean. Much better than my expectations and would def stay here again for 2-3 nights. Location was great. Can't really fault them.

• Stayed March 2013
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel abri for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. We were welcomed by a cheerful and friendly reception staff. Our room was a good size for the central location and price charged. The rooms and hotel were very clean and one day we passed a cleaner cleaning the corridor walls. The reception staff were helpful with advice on travel and assisting us with a transfer to the airport. There is also a service to use the Internet and print boarding passes for a return flight which we used. The hotel is located right by the end of the cable car line which is a must when visiting San Francisco. There are many restaurants nearby however our favorite was Tony's located in little italy on Stockton street. I would definitely recommend staying at the hotel abri.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute for a concert we were going to be attending and after looking at tons of places online that were or are in Union Square, San Francisco I ended up booking at Hotel Abri. This place is centrally located in the heart of Market Street and shopping. We ended up getting into our room around 7:30 p.m. and right away my husband who is hard to impress was very impressed with the room and space considering that most hotel rooms in SF are fairly small. This is obviously an older building that was re-done quite well keeping some of it's old charm. The TV was amazing and huge compared to other places I have stayed and the amount of channels you get from their DirectTV system is awesome. Overall it was great for the price we paid and we would definitely come back to this place. The only down side was across the street there is a lounge and it was city noisy until around 3 a.m. but if you're used to the noise then it won't be such an issue I was dead tired so I didn't hear anything but my husband did note that. Also the staff and customer service was GREAT very down to earth people ready to help or answer any questions. I personally can't wait to come back again SF is one of my favorite cities.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect size for two people!
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location, dirt cheap for what it is, clean clean clean. Converted old hotel and some signs of that are still apparent (baseboards that look like they were salvaged from an avalanche) but I'd go back here in a heartbeat and my wife feels the same. Beds are first rate. Wifi is good and speedy enough. Place was startlingly quiet. Did not expect that.

Staff is awesome as well, friendly and gets stuff done.

If you like sleeping in, put the DND sign on your door, cleaning staff is up and ready to rock by 9am.

Blue Bottle Coffee is three short blocks away, Mason Street Cafe is right around the corner. You're set for food right there.

No compunctions about giving this place five stars. They earned it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We found the hotel is well located for our visit to San Francisco this February. The Tourist Information office is loctated just round the corner as well as the start of one of the Cable car lines, which we used to get to the Fishermans Wharf area.

Union Square is only a few blocks away, so the shopping part of our trip was well catered for.

The staff were very pleasant and there is Tea & Coffee available in the lobby in the morning so you do not need to use the in-room equipment.

Free Wi-fi was good and the TV was big and the cable package was plentiful in the room.

We had an inside room and there were no street noise problems.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is great value in an excellent location.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and have everything you need. The bed and pillows were great.
You are close to Union Square, the Powell Street BART and the cable cars.
Wifi is free and reliable and there is a coffee maker in the room.
For value, I don't think you can beat Hotel Abri. I would definitely stay there again...and I'm pretty fussy :)

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Abri? Share your experiences!