This hotel is terrific for so many reasons: price, location, decor, staff, ambiance and oh... did I mention price? We paid about $109 a night for a weekend---the same or better than other not as great hotels in the area. We did a lot of research before choosing this hotel and we definitely made the right choice. We arrived @ SFO and took the Bart to the Powell Street station and then walked for about 60 seconds to find this hotel. It is so easy and so much cheaper than a cab or mini-van. You simply walk up the street past the Burger King, turn left and there the hotel is beside a Subway restaurant and a Coldstone Creamery.
The decor of both the common areas and the rooms is funky, urban and well thought-out. The rooms, while not exactly huge, are totally efficient and have fun decor. We were upgraded from a 1 queen bed room to a 2 double bed room (which was what we had been hoping for). We were given several choices of rooms and knew to choose the room NOT overlooking the street as those can be quite noisy given the proximity of the street cars and a night club across the street. We were very happy with our choice as we did not hear a thing from the streets. The beds were soooooo comfortable, probably the best I have had in a hotel in a long time. The bathroom was really tiny--that was the only drawback, but it wasn't a big deal.
The staff was so friendly, from the doormen to the front desk staff to the gentleman who stored our luggage for us. During happy hour you can often find free shots of yummy drinks in the lobby---help yourself. There are also iPads to use in the lobby if you want to look something up or you can make use of the free wi-fi in your room.
This hotel is absolutely in the best location if you want to be close to Macy's, the Cable Cars, Westfield shopping centre, Union Square and the BART. You could not ask for a better location if you want to be in the Union Square area (as opposed to the Fisherman's Wharf area). I would absolutely recommend it if you want to be: in that area, pay a reasonable price, don't need a huge room and want a funky, hip place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Vibrant. Urban style at the center of it all in San Francisco’s Union Square. Ideal for both the leisure and business traveler, the newly transformed Hotel Abri is a modern day urban oasis featuring a sleek décor complemented by contemporary art and upscale amenities. The hotel’s energetic vibe is delightfully balanced with a comfortable ease, offering guests a unique sensorial experience and the highest levels of hospitality and service. Hotel Abri offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Additionally, as part of the Larkspur Collection, the hotel offers signature brand elements, including the FeatherBorne® Bed package, L’Occitane bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TIG Global, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Abri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Abri Larkspur Collection