“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #173 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Langley City, Canada
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here in Oct for my sisters wedding. Horrible customer service! We drove from Canada and when we booked they never told us the offices closed at 11pm. We got there at 1130 and could not get into our room that we paid for! Ants everywhere, and the managers were rude! The cleaning people were just as bad. We thought we had missing valuables, and spoke to the woman about it, the day of my sisters wedding as we were getting in the limo she came out and started yelling at my sister! Yelling!!! Disgusting! Would rather sleep outside!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

pls dont make booking this hotel there are number of problems...
1) Rooms were stinking....we tried 3 rooms.
2) There were problems with the lights...they were not getting switch on.
3) utensils in kitchen was so dirty....we had wash them before using them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Price was 80 bucks for one night, crazy rate for this kind of place, but sadly it was all I could afford, wishing I had put in the extra money for a better place. The bed was very hard, couldn't sleep very well, the pillows were too stiff, the walls were so thin I could hear my neighbor burp, among other things. The only good about it was the breakfast, they had a nice selection of food and drinks. But still would not spend the night here again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We traveled by car from Palm Springs to San Fran, along the way staying in different hotels and motor lodges. I chose this hotel becasue of it's price.....DON"T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE! If you have a car, parking is 2-3 blocks away and an additional 20.00, but that is the best thing about this hotel. For 171.00 (1 night) we got a room that I was afraid to walk barefoot in. It smelled, the beds were not comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was awful, we had to stoop to get under the shower head, there was no A/C (which I wasn't made aware of at the time of booking) to get air we had to open the window but then we did we could see and HEAR our neighbors. This was our last stop on our vacation and if it wasn't so late we would have let them know how unhappy we were, but we were exhausted and had to fly out early the next morning, so we sucked it up. This was a bad, expenisve mistake. If we visit San Fran again, we will try staying outside the city. On a more positive note, the other places we stayed were great and the reviews given on this site were accurate. So we'll chalk this one up to learning experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were a little tentative, but soon realized that although this hotel is extremely old, it was very clean. the people at the hotel were very friendly. It was farther out than expected, but we were driving each day anyway so the free parking was nice. I would stay again.

Room Tip: we were higher up so had a nice view and i think it was quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Ok for sleep, convenient for transportation.
Tenant not very smily but OK. Room was clean, just carpet wass little dirty.

Room Tip: First flor are the best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I read some reviews here and finally made a booking being close to the SFO airport and SF downtown. I made the worst mistake for the night!!. I arrived here and the room was small and unkepmt, bedspread was rumpled and should not have been laid, AC-doubt if available except for fan. I approached the manager for a room change....and stressed the need for this as I was in SF to pick my arriving parents from the airport(with reservation already made for them). This fool said he wont talk to me(his customer) because I stressed the need for a room change. ....then called the cops on me. Honestly I could not believe this part of the drama. I asked "what for?". He stated "for harrassment". I waited paitiently for the cops despite these people telling me to go relax in my room for the cops to bust me to embarrass me and my wife( My wife was in the room upstairs and I did not want to alert her to the new development). I waited patiently for the cops arrival.

At this point I was so very mad like I had never been before. I also felt some racial disparity in these owner fools. The cops came and acted in our favor. To the fools loss, I was made to be given full refund for all my reservations. They even said I paid the internet and they could not refund. The cops laughed and said "that's pretty impossible. Pay back these guys". I called hotels.com and eventually got refunded by force. I eventually lodged in Days Hotel Oakland which is far better in price,location,room quality and personnel management. I cannot believe what happened at this useless Mission Inn. I will never step in here, neither will I recommend this for my colleagues or friends. Over-stressing this will not be understated!!!!

Pros- Close to downtown SF and airport. Dont be deceived though. Many better options for u even if you really need to be in SF.
Thanks for reading.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mission Inn? Share your experiences!