I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com for one night in SF for a friend, my partner and I. We were early before normal check-in time but the staff at reception was very nice and helpful and told me that our room was ready. I asked for 3 keys and was informed about the price of valet parking: $50 plus taxes per night... Expensive, particularly when we have been already charged almost $400 for the room. We were surprised when we came up to the room to find that there was only one king bed. I went immediately down to the reception to speak to the same lady I have been served by and she told me that they did not have any double rooms available. I explained to her that the room was booked for three people and then I was told that the booking does not guarantee the number of beds!!. She offered to put an extra bed in the room and assured me she would get that sorted right away. Although this was far from ideal, we could not do much about it, since we were already in the city and the hotel room had been already paid for. We left for lunch and a stroll and we were out for about 4 hours. When we got back for a rest, the supplementary bed had not been put in the room. I went to reception to complained about the whole experience. The guy there told me that the hotel does not know how many people are for each room when a booking is made and they only know at check-in (found this very difficult to believe) and only offered a very cold apology about the oversight of the second bed not being put in the room. Then he called housekeeping who brought a ridiculously small and very uncomfortable bed to a not very big room in the first place. Needless is to say that we did not have a proper night if sleep. My friend could not sleep at all during the night in the tiny supplementary bed and we could not sleep well either knowing about him and the poor quality offered.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, if they cannot be bothered to check the number of people that they are booked for each room. And even when the problem is reported to them, they do not do much to get the situation improved.
Very expensive, not value for money and poor customer services is how I can describe our stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco