“Go somewhere else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Save Saved
You added Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1250 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #84 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Go somewhere else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We checked into this Marriott on May 28, 2013 for 4 nights. It was my husband and 10-year-old son. We had traveled from San Diego via route 1 and stayed at different Marriott’s along the way. I should have known not to stay at this Marriott from the moment we pulled into the hotel area. The valet parking person was very rude when we told him that we did not want to valet park our car for $50 a night. We asked if we could park in the garage for a lower price and he told us in order to park in the Marriott garage we would have to valet park. My husband found parking two blocks away for $30 per night. The porter automatically took our luggage to our room, without asking if we needed help, just assumed we did. Once we got to our room and unloaded our luggage I gave him a tip, and he stood there expecting more money. The porter was not friendly. We booked a room with two double beds. The hotel room was so small and there was barely enough room to turn around in the bathroom. The next day we went and saw the concierge to get tickets to Alcatraz. The concierge book us tickets to tour Alcatraz that Friday and we would need to pick up our tickets at the site to board the cruise. On Friday when we arrived at the Alcatraz tour site, the concierge had only booked two tickets for our tour. We had to get the manager involved in order to get a third ticket to visit Alcatraz because the tour was sold out. On Thursday night, the fire alarm continued to go off and we had to evacuate. The hotel did not have an intercom system, so the guests did not know what was going on. We were told by word of mouth that we could go back to our room and the engineer would be there shortly. We were not told why the alarm was going off or what was going on. The next morning at 8:00, the maid was knocking on our door to clean our room. Little to say we did not get any sleep that night. The morning we checked out, I went to the business center to use their computer to retrieve my boarding pass via my email. I was told that I would need to use my credit card to pay to use their computer, even though I had already paid $12.95 per day to use their internet. This hotel was not at all, what we expected. When we travel we always stay at a Marriott and everyone is friendly and considerate. This hotel is directly opposite of the Marriott’s we have stayed at in the past. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

719 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great clean and friendly and close to the water. But i have a few complaints 1. the hotel bar. Its over priced and service is not so good $12 a drink that they dont fill the glass. Beer and drink $19.50. You kidding mee 2. thefront desk after 8pm will not help you with anything besides checking in. 3. random fire alarms in the middle of the night. Smoke alarms go off two out of the 4 nights we were there. Thats unheard of. Once at 1am and thrn another at 3 am. Other than that test your luck

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Location, staff, rooms and service were excellent and we had a fabulous first visit to San Francisco. It was a real treat, quiet and very comfortable. Restaurant recommendations from the concierge were spot on - try Joe's Crab Shack!

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed one night and loved everything about the room. Extremely nice and professional staff. Rooms were as spacious, clean and well maintained as anywhere I've ever stayed. Nice big TV with plenty of channels. I liked that the room included a mini fridge instead of a mini-bar. Bed was super comfortable with lots of pillow options. The location is nice and close to Fisherman's Wharf but no better or worse that any of the other hotels in the surrounding area. Its walking distance to North Beach too. Note that if you bring a car, they will charge $50/night and its valet parking only. The good news is the valet service is quick and you do get in & out privileges up till 5 pm on check out day. That makes it a fair parking deal for the expensive Fisherman's Wharf area. There isn't much to the restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby but then who needs it when you have so many choices for food within walking distance. Overall, the Marriott is a good quality hotel and even though it was more bit expensive that I am used to, I felt like I got a fair deal for what is a really expensive area for San Francisco hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Columbus Ave have the best views in my opinion. Street noise was NOT a problem.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were there on memorial day ; the front dersk employee was super duper friendly , she was very polite and eager to help .
The room was clean and has great view,new furniture and very clean .The hotel is close to the main attraction in san francisco .

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My Fiance stayed at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf for two nights as we traveled the coast of California.

Right from check-in the experience at this property was fabulous. The parking attendant went above and beyond to ensure that we had a seamless check in and the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful to us. Upon check in we were given two free drink tickets and the hotel bar has at atmosphere you don't often see. It was busy and very sociable.

The rooms are quite large for a downtown property in a major city, and the hotel was very close to all major attractions (walking distance) and the City Transit system had all services right outside the hotel doors. The concierge was also extremely helpful to us in helping us plan our sight seeing.

All of that said, the best part about our stay was the bed. Each year I spend over 120 nights per year in hotels for business or travel. The bed here was the absolute best I have ever slept on in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This property is in a great location! Perfect for those wanting to go to fishermans warf!
The rooms were a good size and nice, but the cleanliness wasnt great. There was hair in the bathroom and my bed. Not nice! We also asked for two queens and got a king so had to get that changed.
I felt breakfast was a little underwhelming. My daughter had a chocolate milk that was out of date.. Apart from that, ok. The service was great!
The bell hop and reception staff weren't very knowledgable. I asked about airport transfers and he gave me a slip of paper and said call these people. I don't have a USA compatible mobile so not sure how he wanted me to do that.
Parking was great.. And included in our package, which was perfect!
Thanks MARRIOTT!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!