We checked into this Marriott on May 28, 2013 for 4 nights. It was my husband and 10-year-old son. We had traveled from San Diego via route 1 and stayed at different Marriott’s along the way. I should have known not to stay at this Marriott from the moment we pulled into the hotel area. The valet parking person was very rude when we told him that we did not want to valet park our car for $50 a night. We asked if we could park in the garage for a lower price and he told us in order to park in the Marriott garage we would have to valet park. My husband found parking two blocks away for $30 per night. The porter automatically took our luggage to our room, without asking if we needed help, just assumed we did. Once we got to our room and unloaded our luggage I gave him a tip, and he stood there expecting more money. The porter was not friendly. We booked a room with two double beds. The hotel room was so small and there was barely enough room to turn around in the bathroom. The next day we went and saw the concierge to get tickets to Alcatraz. The concierge book us tickets to tour Alcatraz that Friday and we would need to pick up our tickets at the site to board the cruise. On Friday when we arrived at the Alcatraz tour site, the concierge had only booked two tickets for our tour. We had to get the manager involved in order to get a third ticket to visit Alcatraz because the tour was sold out. On Thursday night, the fire alarm continued to go off and we had to evacuate. The hotel did not have an intercom system, so the guests did not know what was going on. We were told by word of mouth that we could go back to our room and the engineer would be there shortly. We were not told why the alarm was going off or what was going on. The next morning at 8:00, the maid was knocking on our door to clean our room. Little to say we did not get any sleep that night. The morning we checked out, I went to the business center to use their computer to retrieve my boarding pass via my email. I was told that I would need to use my credit card to pay to use their computer, even though I had already paid $12.95 per day to use their internet. This hotel was not at all, what we expected. When we travel we always stay at a Marriott and everyone is friendly and considerate. This hotel is directly opposite of the Marriott’s we have stayed at in the past. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco