Stayed here for three nights as part of our honeymoon trip. The night we arrived there was only one valet/bellhop on staff, he helped us unload our luggage onto a cart which we brought to our room by ourself, unloaded, and brought back down to him in the lobby. The day we checked out, a bellhop named Dana refused to let us use a cart as they can only be brought up to a guest room by a staff member, but then he didn't offer to help us. When we told him that the night we checked in, we were allowed to bring the cart to our room ourselves, his response was "well that shouldn't have happened." When we finally made it down to the lobby with all of our luggage, he laughed and joked about us with another staff member named Ramy, who proceeded to point out and make fun of ANOTHER guest that HE had just refused to help for whatever reason. The two gentlemen stood by the front desk in a crowded lobby full of guests struggling with luggage giggling like stuck up teenage girls, pointing and laughing at us and other guests, it was pathetic.
The day we checked in we were given a coupon for a free drink at the bar due to our Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards member status, so we decided to get a little dressed up one night and sit down at the bar for a few drinks. Well the bartender decided we were only there for our one free drink and proceeded to give us ONE glass of wine split into two glasses when we had actually ordered two full glasses. We were put off by his attitude and let the front desk know, the guy at the front insisted on getting a manager for us to tell what had happened, so we waited for several minutes to recount the experience to him at which point he apologized and asked if we wanted another free drink to "make up for it" but neither gentleman even found out which room we were staying in so it was clear he had no intention of following up so we didn't feel like sitting at that bar again and declined our second free drink.
The location is great because you're walking distance to some of the best San Fran attractions but get ready to pay $50 a night for valet parking or try to find somewhere else cheaper nearby (tons of parking nearby, but most of it is outdoor)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco