We don't normally stay at such upmarket hotels but this was a very good price at the time.
The lobby was very posh and so to were the lifts, ( elevators ).
We had an excellent stay, in particular I found the staff in the lobby to be very curtious. We were always greeted on entry. The hotel's location is an excellent position within walking distance of all the attractions such as Pier 39, Alcatraz tour & Sightseeing tour buses.
The City & Alcatraz tour bus picks up from the hotel.
Some things were expensive such as items from the mini bar and bottled water but we didn't use any of these.
We did have breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was very good for the price. The chef in there was quite a character.
Parking is also very expensive, as it is in all of Fisherman's Wharf. I think it was $38 per day + tips for valet only parking.
Parking did not worry us however, as we parked our car in a multi story near Budget Hire on Beach road. It was expensive at $20 a day with no in out privalages but half the price of the hotel.
The car park was about 10 mins walk away.
I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION In the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, between two of San Francisco's cable car lines Near attractions, shopping, and 15 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport 1.5 miles from the San Francisco Financial District SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS 285 Deluxe Sleeping Rooms (including 12 Junior Suites and 1 Hospitality Suite) Five Floors Completely Renovated Guests Rooms and Meeting Space MEETING ACCOMMODATIONS Seven meeting rooms totaling over 6,000 square feet We can accommodate meetings and food & beverage functions for groups of 5 to 250 RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE FACILITIES Casual dining in a full-service restaurant, Spada EXTRAS tComplimentary Limousine Service to Financial District (7 a.m. – 9a.m., Mon – Fri) Health Club with Sauna (24-hour access with guestroom key), located on the second floor Gift Shop, open daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Fully-stocked Honor Bars in Each Guest Room Handicap Accessible Rooms Safety Deposit Boxes Available Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers in Each Guest Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com and Marriott so you can book your Marriott San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Marriott
- Marriott Hotel San Francisco