Easy to find, 3-4 blocks from 2 BART stations.
Price around 550/night through Expedia.
West end of the financial district.
Front desk check in was efficient and they allowed us to get our room early. Staff highly professional and helpful.
Elevators took time during the week since the rooms are on the 38-49th floors of a high rise. Never waited longer than 5 minutes. We had a bay view room and it did not disappoint. Secure, very quiet, and a wonderful view of the Bay Bridge and Alcatraz. Large room, clean, standard desk available with a view tables, flat screen TV on the wall that swiveled, and in room bar. King bed was quite comfortable with quality linens. Bathroom with shower and tub was spotless. Maid staff came twice a day.
Service was over the top and not obtrusive. They offer you "their car" service every time you leave, but we used Uber and were very happy. If you have the money, their car is probably worth it. 1.5 miles to the Wharf, 5-6 blocks to the Ferry Building, 6 or so blocks to Union Square, about 2 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge.. Transportation options everywhere. 30 minute BART ride from the airport.
Wife had a maternity massage at the Spa and loved it.
Catwalks are wonderful photo-ops.
The area has quite a few homeless folks sleeping in doorways, but that's to be expected in downtown of a big city.
When we come back we will definitely stay here, if we stay in the financial district.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 158-room Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco is located in the heart of the city and offers unparalleled panoramic views of the bay and beyond from the top 11 floors of San Francisco's third tallest building, 345 California Center. Having recently completed an extensive refurbishment during its 25th Anniversary year with the addition of Brasserie S&P restaurant and bar, and an 8,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center, the hotel is consistently ranked among the world's top hotels by leading authorities. Features include Conde Nast Traveler 'Hot List' 2013 and Readers Choice Awards 2012 'Top 25 Hotels in N. California', Institutional Investor's 'World's Best Hotels 2012', Travel + Leisure 'World's Best Hotels' Awards 2011, U.S. News & World Report's 'Hotels in the USA', and is one of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report's 2011 'Top 20 City Hotels in the World'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Fareportal and HotelsClick so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.