It's very hard to describe or remember my stay at the San Francisco MO, I can't recall anything memorable to the good or bad. We stayed whilst on vacation and I think this really is a very efficient business hotel and I personally would not recommend it if visiting San Francisco on vacation.
The thing that stands out to me was how dated the layout and design of reception and lobby restaurant/bar felt. First impressions do count and every time you walk in and out of the lobby you are reminded of this 70's/80's style layout. Rooms were not up to usual MO high standards, they were quite bland and seriously lacked colour. Service was good throughout but not exceptional. The thing that I liked had I stayed on business was the simple breakfast menu that allowed one to have a small breakfast at a reasonable price (well done MO, not many large hotels offer this), however as I was on holiday I would have preferred to indulge myself in a huge buffet spread.
My wife booked a massage at the spa and she said
This is a simple and incredibly efficient 5 star hotel, as someone who travels a lot on business I would definitely say they have the right model for business people given their location. As a tourist I almost certainly will not be returning as it lacks that wow factor you look for whilst on holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 158-room Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco is located in the heart of the city and offers unparalleled panoramic views of the bay and beyond from the top 11 floors of San Francisco's third tallest building, 345 California Center. Having recently completed an extensive refurbishment during its 25th Anniversary year with the addition of Brasserie S&P restaurant and bar, and an 8,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center, the hotel is consistently ranked among the world's top hotels by leading authorities. Features include Conde Nast Traveler 'Hot List' 2013 and Readers Choice Awards 2012 'Top 25 Hotels in N. California', Institutional Investor's 'World's Best Hotels 2012', Travel + Leisure 'World's Best Hotels' Awards 2011, U.S. News & World Report's 'Hotels in the USA', and is one of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report's 2011 'Top 20 City Hotels in the World'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental