Stayed over the New year in 2012. I got a follow-up call from the hotel after my on-line reservation (I was really surprised, never happened before) because I booked 2 rooms under my name and they checked if it was not a double booking. I mentioned that we were traveling with the kids and would like rooms "close to each other". Got a nice surprise at the check-in, not only they took note of it but up-graded the kids room so that we had a connecting room. The bellboy made a lot of efforts to welcome us through the room.
We had wonderful bay views (make sure to select your view when booking) and got to see the fireworks from the windows! WooW We saw sunrise and sunset colors as well as bridge lightings...it was a real pleasure to look through the windows, including bathroom with large view!
The bathroom is a little old fashion considering the price of the room, the beds were great.The room located at the corner of the floor was very quiet, which was pleasant considering the season. We had no elevators/door smashing, neighbors noise coming through. The financial district is not the busiest one during the holidays (walked to Chinatown on the first night) but the view is worth the choice.
The main disappointment was the breakfast, a la carte and very slow service, between the lobby and the elevators. We would have loved a buffet, so on Jan. 1st we just took it in the room before heading back to the airport. I didn't see any other restaurant so it seems short on dining options.
Overall it is an expensive hotel but I compared with same level hotels in SF in detail before booking and I still think that it was a good option. We had a marvelous stay!
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering high above the breathtaking skyline, Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco has earned acclaim for its breathtaking views and its renowned service in one of the worlds most alluring cities. With the new lobby, signature bar and restaurant, and guest rooms now open, our hotel has transformed itself to become the city's most striking and sophisticated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Olotels, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.