I am fortunate to stay at the Mandarin Oriental SF 10-12 times per year. It is delightful to be greeted by name by the doorman, registration, restaurant, and concierge staff. MaryAnn really knows the SF restaurants; we often share our new discoveries. More often than not we are able to have the house car take us to dinner. Next to impossible to get a taxi in front of the hotel, not that they don't try to hail a taxi. Often have to walk several blocks to hail a taxi.
Rooms are quiet, lots of natural light and well thought out lamps/lighting, spacious and not the typical rectangular box. Beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows and easy access to lighting. Great sound system can plug in iPhone. New mirrors in bathroom with lights that surround the mirror are awesome. Plenty of free bottled water although the SF water supply is just as tasty. New exercise facilities now have windows with good selection of cardio and strength training equipment; can't afford the spa facilities. Depending on how full the hotel, determines how fast (or slow) the elevators.
The views of the SF Bay and Golden Gate and Bay Bridges are phenomenal; also fun to watch the cruise ships dock and see Coit Tower lit up in different colors depending upon the season and the sport team victories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 158-room Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco is located in the heart of the city and offers unparalleled panoramic views of the bay and beyond from the top 11 floors of San Francisco's third tallest building, 345 California Center. Having recently completed an extensive refurbishment during its 25th Anniversary year with the addition of Brasserie S&P restaurant and bar, and an 8,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center, the hotel is consistently ranked among the world's top hotels by leading authorities. Features include Conde Nast Traveler 'Hot List' 2013 and Readers Choice Awards 2012 'Top 25 Hotels in N. California', Institutional Investor's 'World's Best Hotels 2012', Travel + Leisure 'World's Best Hotels' Awards 2011, U.S. News & World Report's 'Hotels in the USA', and is one of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report's 2011 'Top 20 City Hotels in the World'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental