I am fortunate to stay at the Mandarin Oriental SF 10-12 times per year. It is delightful to be greeted by name by the doorman, registration, restaurant, and concierge staff. MaryAnn really knows the SF restaurants; we often share our new discoveries. More often than not we are able to have the house car take us to dinner. Next to impossible to get a taxi in front of the hotel, not that they don't try to hail a taxi. Often have to walk several blocks to hail a taxi.
Rooms are quiet, lots of natural light and well thought out lamps/lighting, spacious and not the typical rectangular box. Beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows and easy access to lighting. Great sound system can plug in iPhone. New mirrors in bathroom with lights that surround the mirror are awesome. Plenty of free bottled water although the SF water supply is just as tasty. New exercise facilities now have windows with good selection of cardio and strength training equipment; can't afford the spa facilities. Depending on how full the hotel, determines how fast (or slow) the elevators.
The views of the SF Bay and Golden Gate and Bay Bridges are phenomenal; also fun to watch the cruise ships dock and see Coit Tower lit up in different colors depending upon the season and the sport team victories.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental San Francisco
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering high above the breathtaking skyline, Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco has earned acclaim for its breathtaking views and its renowned service in one of the worlds most alluring cities. With the new lobby, signature bar and restaurant, and guest rooms now open, our hotel has transformed itself to become the city's most striking and sophisticated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel, Hotwire, Priceline, Jetsetter, Venere, Olotels, Stentorian NV, Mandarin Oriental and HotelsClick so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.