I haven't stayed at a Manadarin Oriental hotel before, but I certainly will again. Over our 3 night stay, the service was superb, only one glitch in the bar and that was dealt with swiflty and effectively.
We stayed in one of the bridge to bridge rooms, worth every penny for the view and the gorgeous, comfortable room. Breathtaking, spoil yourself, you won't regret it.
The bar uses ipads for menus which is useful and allows you to see, at your lesisure, the full range of what is on offer. If you like gin this is the place for you, I would recommend the flight of gins, brillianlty put together with interesting diverse flavours.
Concierge and desk staff were extremely helpful. Consistently high standard of service throughout our stay.
If you like to walk, and this city is great for that, this hotel is well placed to walk to and from the highlights of the city. We walked to the Golden Gate Bridge, it was a long way but a great way to see the city and easy well posted route. If you don't want to eat in the resturant(we didn't) there are many many good resutrants round and about the hotel, 5 mins in most directions. There is also a superb off license next door. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 158-room Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco is located in the heart of the city and offers unparalleled panoramic views of the bay and beyond from the top 11 floors of San Francisco's third tallest building, 345 California Center. Having recently completed an extensive refurbishment during its 25th Anniversary year with the addition of Brasserie S&P restaurant and bar, and an 8,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center, the hotel is consistently ranked among the world's top hotels by leading authorities. Features include Conde Nast Traveler 'Hot List' 2013 and Readers Choice Awards 2012 'Top 25 Hotels in N. California', Institutional Investor's 'World's Best Hotels 2012', Travel + Leisure 'World's Best Hotels' Awards 2011, U.S. News & World Report's 'Hotels in the USA', and is one of Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report's 2011 'Top 20 City Hotels in the World'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Mandarin San Francisco
- San Francisco Mandarin Oriental