We had an early appointment at UCSF, Mt Zion campus, so decided to stay near-by. This hotel is kind of funky. I agree that some of it felt dorm-like, particularly the bathroom. The room itself was very appealing with a nice sitting area.
The bar was very fun, friendly bartender (makes good martinis!, nice gas fire. The bar food was good. And had an interesting mix of locals and visitors.
We had a room right on the street and we were worried that it might be noisy, but things quieted down about 10 pm. We were up at 6 AM, so can't speak to morning noise. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.
All that said, I do think the hotel is overpriced - out total bill (room, parking, taxes -bar bill separate) was around $350 - a lot for a non-luxury hotel. If you find a good deal, stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the charming neighborhood that surrounds it, the Laurel Inn is noted for its warm sense of hospitality. Built in 1963, this newly renovated hotel represents a contemporary take on Mid-Century style to create a sophisticated and comfortable interior drenched in rich colors, relaxed textures, and ingenious details. Each spacious guestroom is designed in the style of a studio apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Laurel Hotel San Francisco
- Laurel Inn San Francisco
- Laurel San Francisco