This hotel felt a bit like a dorm. Metal doors and tiny elevator, small lobby, poor bathrooms. This is not a luxury property and you shouldn't expect it to be, hopefully you get a really great rate if you stay here. It is a block off California and a block off Sacramento St. in a great shopping area, all serious pluses. Pluses also include free drink coupons at check in for the attached bar (although when we went in they were doing a locals' quiz night and it felt like the scene in Animal House when the music stops and everyone stares upon entering the bar) so we took our drinks to go. They charge for their underground parking but we had no problems with free overnight street parking on Sacramento - another plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the charming neighborhood that surrounds it, the Laurel Inn is noted for its warm sense of hospitality. Built in 1963, this newly renovated hotel represents a contemporary take on Mid-Century style to create a sophisticated and comfortable interior drenched in rich colors, relaxed textures, and ingenious details. Each spacious guestroom is designed in the style of a studio apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laurel Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Laurel Hotel San Francisco
- Laurel Inn San Francisco
- Laurel San Francisco