I stayed only one night on a business trip and had mixed reactions.
On the positive side, I was upgraded to a nice suite, and the room was generally quite nice. The bed was very good and I slept pretty well. The room service was amazingly quick and the food better than expected, especially the San Francisco Clam Chowder. Service in general was good.
The negatives were mostly on the practical level:
1. Though there was a big work space, there was a dearth of electric outlets. There were two awkwardly underneath, but they had a hard time holding a plug. This was a general issue.
2. The only curtains were relatively sheer, with nothing to block out light.
3. On the Fourth floor there was a lot of street noise, including a clanging street car.
4. Although there was a bath and a half bath, they were kind of oddly divided. I naturally used the en suite full bath, but it had much less counter space and I had to get a glass from the half bath.
On the whole, I would be happy to return on my next business trip to SF, especially as it is very close to my office out there, but there are a few odd annoyances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 802-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex, Reservation Counter, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco