When I was little, I could see this hotel as we crossed the Bay Bridge. I thought, "What a cool, building--when I grow up, I want to go there." And now, many years later, I did it. What did I find? Although the architecture is outdated (unique?), Hyatt made of the most of the interior and did a decent job making it look more modern. It still is impressive in its own way. A mix of L.A.'s Bonaventure with Las Vegas's Luxor. You decide.
Customer service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Rooms were not completely outdated but they could use some oomph. It was a bit stark given the price of the room. I know it's a regular Hyatt, but there are some Marriott Courtyard's that have more style. Room was sizeable; it seemed to be missing a love seat or chair as there was a big empty space near the sliding glass door. View and location are amazing, though.
Now the negatives: room smelled musty, and, at the same time, there was an overpowering cleaner "scent". I don't know if it was a cleaner that was trying to mask the mildewy smell or what, but it was not successful. We had to open the sliding glass door to air out the room. The HVAC needs cleaning, too. I kept sneezing after we turned it on. I would've turned it off, but we needed the fan noise to drown out the normal decibel voices coming in through the adjoining door. Clearly Hyatt is aware of this issue because there were pair of new earplugs next to the bed (or left by a kind housekeeper?).
I'm not sure if I would stay here again. It's too bad because it's an excellent location and the customer service is great.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 802-room Hyatt Regency San Francisco is the City's only luxury waterfront hotel with breathtaking bay and city views. Ideally located for business and leisure, the hotel is in the Financial District, and close to all major city attractions, and located across the street from the renovated historical Ferry Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.