“Great Service/Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency San Francisco

You added Hyatt Regency San Francisco to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #80 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Kinetique
“Great Service/Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here on 6/9 to 6/11 and had a great stay. Lana provided excellent service, the concierge was extremely helpful. The rooms were very clean and we had a spectacular view over the bay.

The hotel and staff made for a wonderful stay for me and my wife!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Value Customer,

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear you and your wife had a wonderful time at our hotel! I will be sure to pass your compliments to Lana and to my management team. Please come back and see us again soon!

Best regards,
Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

While very pleasant an accommodating, the positive staff experience could not overcome the dated guest room interiors. Sink faucets did not operate well, wall coverings were old, furniture was dated. Good location near ferry pier and near cable stop.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and received great service from our associates. However, we do apologize for the less than ideal interiors of your guestroom. Rest assured, your comment will be reviewed by my management team.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. This hotel has been around a while but it seems that Hyatt has done well keeping the rooms looking new. I had a room on the 16th floor (and paid a hefty price too) which is considered concierge level. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and firm beds, spacious bathrooms with commode and full walk-in shower separate from the sink. The vanity mirror over the sink has a built-in TV monitor so you can keep watching your programs while brushing your teeth. I really like that feature. My room had a spectacular view of the water and the Oakland Bay Bridge, which was stunning. For better views, the Concierge Club on the top floor offers a much bigger view. You can grab breakfast, hor d'oevres and dessert and enjoy the view there.

The team at the front desk are top-notch. Very professional and accomodating.

Room service was very quick and the food was really good.

Two areas of improvement: the hotel offers wireless but on my floor the wireless was very weak so I had to use my broadband connection instead. A stronger wireless signal on the upper floors would be a good improvement. Also, the TV channel selection was not the best. A few more channels would be nice.

I would definitely stay here again but there are a ton of great hotels in this city so it might not be for a while!

Room Tip: You'll probably pay a lot more but ask for a room with a water view on an upper floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Francisco, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Laura T,

Thank you kindly for your 5-star review! We are delighted you enjoyed the bay view from your Regency Club room and the unique feature of our built-in TV in the mirror! I am particular happy to read your comments about our staffs being professional and accommodating. I will definitely be sure to share your compliment with them. I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the internet connection and the limitation on our TV channel selections. Rest assured, your feedback will be reviewed by my management team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great location. All staff were professional, courteous and knowledgable, a real plus in today's world. The concierge was especially amazing. He knew all the public transportation ins and outs by heart and could clearly communicate them and draw them out on a map, caution us about marginal areas of the city, etc. Top notch service. Most comfortable bed ever. Quiet room.

Only draw back is the high price for parking, $57 per night. Yikes! Park down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jill H,

Wow! Thank you so much for your 5-stars review! What a great compliment of our staffs especially our concierge! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure to share your review with my team!

We hope to see you come back and visit us again!
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Forget a car or taxi, this is the best located hotel in San Francisco. Right on the water and basically in the financial district. The only problem with this hotel is the unreliable internet access. You will have to login every hour... again and again and again...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear mdehaan,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the internet access. We are currently working on improving the quality of our internet service and this issue will be resolved soon. Your review will be shared with my management team.

We do hope to see you come back and visit us again.
Sincerely yours,
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here with a group of UK over 55s and we all enjoyed the experience. The hotel is very handy for pier 39 whether you are walking or riding on the bus. I didn't find any restaurants to speak of nearby, just a burger place and a Thai restaurant, that are not my "cup of tea". The restaurant/lounge at the hotel has quite an extensive menu and suited me better. They even have my favourite American cocktail an "old fashioned", a Don Draper (of TVs Madmen) special.

I found the rooms perfectly satisfactory so no complaints there. The staff were all very good to me so no complaints there either. I think that quite a few of my party "left their hearts in San Francisco" so what more can be said?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear EricBournemouth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are thrilled to hear you and your group from UK enjoyed San Francisco! I must agree our convenient location is absolutely ideal. I am particular happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and your favorite American cocktail at Eclipse restaurant! Your compliments will definitely be shared with my team!

We truly appreciate your 5-star reviews and please do come back and see us again!
Cheers!
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Like many hotels, this is a pay per night for Internet Service. That would be acceptable if paying meant you got the service. For my two nights at this hotel, I was never able to get wireless service despite sending a total of nearly 2 hours x 2 nights trying. They sent and engineer who was not able to do anything.

Totally frustrating if you are a business traveler and need an Internet connection for your work. If so, forget this hotel. When you are pressed for time on a business trip, and every hour counts, spending hours just trying to get your computer connected is totally unacceptable. Forget this place. Never coming back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Richard T,

Thank you for your feedback, which helps us improve. We understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the internet service. Please kindly note that we have sent you a private message hoping we can discuss further on your experience.

We definitely do not want this single incident to deter you from visiting us again. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,
Tiffany

Been to Hyatt Regency San Francisco? Share your experiences!