“Perfect stay at Hyatt Fisherman`s Wharf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #84 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Luis Obispo
“Perfect stay at Hyatt Fisherman`s Wharf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is my third stay at the Hyatt Fisherman`s Wharf and this time was the best so far. The front desk check in was fast, with the staff showing professional demeanor. Thanks Leslie for giving me a warm welcome. We were assisted in bringing our luggage to our room even before we could ask for help. That was really nice. The room was immaculately clean, smelled fresh and with a very comfy king bed. The bathroom was just perfect with a nicely placed Jacuzzi tub. We were at the 4th floor and we didn`t hear any noise from the street below. I slept soundly and woke up well rested the next morning. House cleaning staff was meticulous in keeping the room clean and volunteered to get us extra towels if we needed any. I parked at the parking garage a block away, a very short walking distance, with unlimited in and out privilege for $30 per day. I drove to destinations far from the hotel, otherwise used the convenient cable cars.

Overall I`m very satisfied with this hotel and will be back soon. I will try to get the same room next time. It was just perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper, one far from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relatons Associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am glad to hear we were able to provide a great stay for you. I would be happy too with a nice clean room with a Jacuzzi and a nice night sleep. Good advice for the parking garage. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

John Stockwell- Guest Services Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf is in a fairly good location with decent sized rooms and comfortable beds. The facilities of offer such as the pool and gym were fairly good. It would be nice to have better room service foods though. I most likely would stay again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

At the suggestion of a co-worker I tried the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf for my Christmas / Birthday / New Years week. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to fire him.
We arrived to our room (which was supposed to be a 'better than average' King room) to find no towels in the bathroom, and while searching to find them discovered a bag of food take-out trash in the closet. No biggie- mistakes happen. We left the trash out and called the desk for some fresh linens. When we returned we found the linens in a pile in the closet and the trash from the previous guest still there. Yuck- Strike 1. We then discovered that when we opened the curtains of our room we had a lovely view of... the jacuzzi- like literally 10 feet from the jacuzzi. Personally I'd prefer no view at all to trading views with large hairy men taking a hot tub- this essentially made our room a windowless cave. Strike 2. Finally, and perhaps most significantly was the condition of the bed and linens. I was told that the Hyatt chain was a premium brand- one that you as a business or pleasure traveler could expect to find clean and comfortable. Our king bed was horribly overdue for replacement- the mattress sagging at least 2 inches- probably more. On top of that the comforter had a huge coffee stain on it- and the pillows were those huge, puffy, neck-breaking down monstrosities that retain heat and wake you up soaking wet from perspiration a few hours after going to bed. Strike 3. I was also disappointed to find no fridge in the room- something I've come to assume is standard in all accommodations in this price class.

I contacted the front desk and they kindly moved me to another room for the remainder of my stay- they also threw in a complimentary breakfast. The bed in the new room was just as bad as the previous one- but the room itself was much larger, and had a bit of a view of the city. I give credit where it's due and the desk clerk really tried to make my stay a good one. Needless to say this will be my last stay at a Hyatt.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor, especially the pool view rooms- unless watching / listening to the children of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am deeply saddened to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. This is unacceptable and not the level of service our guests should come to expect while staying at our property. Please know I have forwarded your comments to our management team to ensure the issues you encountered with your guestrooms are address immediately. At Hyatt Fisherman’s Wharf we strive to make sure our guests have everything they need to make for a memorable experience. I apologize you did not experience the level of service we are accustom to providing. If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact us directly. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is a good location. Fisherman's wharf is touristey. No mistake . But there are some good places to eat. Not least of all the hotels cafe which is great. The rooms area good. Facilities good. Very clean. I found the staff professional and helpful. A small niggle, after flying 11 hours it would have been nice to have been offered help with my luggage to the room. Also, I was using a walking stick post op and my room was a long long walk from the elevator.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator if you don't want to walk miles
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at the hotel as well as it's wonderful staff. So happy that you enjoyed your meals in the hotels cafe. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Becky S.-Guest Relations Associate
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights before Christmas. They were running a deal for $106/night, which I think more than makes up for some of shortcomings. We stayed in a king room on the third floor along Bay Street in the back of the property.

Pros:
Large, clean room
Mostly quiet
Huge bathroom
Very convenient location to pick up the F line street car, cable cars (not crowded from here to downtown, but awful the other way), or muni busses. From these, it's easy to get to the lightrail or BART if needed
Easy walks also to Pier 39, Alcatraz, North Beach (great restaurants/vibe!), north Chinatown
Comfortable bed
I liked the pillows (down, soft), but my husband hated them and slept with the lounger cushion as his pillow
Pool was heated and seemed nice, but we didn't use it
Helpful man who checked us in late the first night
Updated/modern decor
Free internet if you're a Hyatt rewards member. Become one if not to save $10/day.

Cons:
Parking is prohibitively expensive. We rented a car for a day only, and the cost of that was the same as it would have been to park the car for one night ($50)
Carpet off the lobby is stained/needs replaced
Cleaning lady would knock pretty early each morning, even though we were staying many nights (stopped once we thought to put out 'do not disturb' sign, so easily remedied)
No mini fridge, which would have been nice for drinks/leftovers
THE SHOWER!!! It's an open back glass shower with the water dripping out of the ceiling (so non-adjustable and goes straight down). It's cold unless you close the whole bathroom door and steam up the whole room. I also felt like I was in the Seinfeld low-flow episode the whole time.

Never tried the hotel restaurant.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would definitely consider staying here again, though it we were paying full rates, we might choose another area of town for a change of scenery.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

You cant beat the location. Walking minutes from major tourist locations, great restaurants and a few corporate headquarters.

amazing breakfast and very friendly staff. the open air jacuzzi was a big plus to soak oneself in the chilly SFO weather.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Sathyaraj R,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our excellent location. Our employees will be recognized for the wonderful service you experienced during your stay. Hyatt takes great pride with this, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in December. Unfortunately, there were may aspects of the hotel that did not meet our expectations:

1. Parking is $50 per day! However you can park in a public undercover carpark (The Anchorage) 2min walk away for $30 or less per day if you mention you are staying in the Hotel.

2. Our room (standard King) did not have a mini bar, or even a fridge. This seems very odd for a supposedly upper market hotel - no chance to even cool bottled water.

3. A King size bed was not available so we had to take 2 x doubles. This was not a satisfactory arrangement, particularly because the springs in the mattresses we so soft/non-rigid that it was impossible for two people to sleep in a double… the bed just leaned toward the heaviest person!

4. The pillows available were very soft (feather down?). However you for a price, you could ask for a foam pillow. I don't think there should be a price put on a service such as a pillow!

5. You can very clearly hear the toilet and shower plumbing in rooms next door (it sounds as though it's in your own bathroom). This is a problem if your neighbours are arriving home late and intending to stay awake into the wee hours like ours did on one night.

Overall, we expected a lot more from our stay and were hoping it would get better - unfortunately we were happy to be moving onto the next hotel by the time we left!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!