Our California Coast road trip started here … with a twist. We'd flown in from Canada on Christmas Eve, so we weren't sure what this would mean.
It was almost 10:30 pm when we'd arrived, and we'd emailed ahead to ensure that room service or some sort of food would still be available in the hotel on Christmas Eve. Sales and Catering Bridal Assistant, Ivy, was kind enough to reply and let us know that their restaurant, Knuckles at the Wharf, was open until 11:30 pm, and that in-room dining was available until 11:00 pm. Yea! We knew we'd be hungry on arrival, probably with few Christmas Eve food options open outside the hotel.
Upon arrival at 10:30 pm however … oops … our little twist! Both room service and their restaurant were already closed. Well, it was Christmas Eve after all. So, we enjoyed an unforgettable Christmas Eve dinner at Denny's a couple of blocks away. We brought some take-out back out our comfortable Hyatt room and called it a night.
Apart from that that little 'oops', our stay was terrific. The hotel was clean, sharp and really just as advertised. We're big fans of Hyatt hotels for their consistency and Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf didn't disappoint. Valet parking was spot-on. Front-desk staff were really sharp, kind and helpful.
Their concierge was extremely helpful in making reservations with an awesome table at nearby Alioto's Restaurant. We're grateful for his recommendation! The hotel's super-convenient location at Fisherman's Wharf let us explore this popular area and then easily head into downtown San Francisco (cable car's underground cable was not working, so walked then cabbed it around town — fun!).
After two nights at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, we'd gotten a great snapshot of San Francisco and were ready to start our road trip down the coast. This hotel is a very good place to start if you'd like a convenient, comfortable location to explore the city and to begin your California travels.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel
- Hyatt At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt
- Hyatt Fishermans Wharf
- Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Exciting attractions are nearby, including PIER 39, Ghirardelli Square, North Beach and Chinatown. At San Francisco's most European Hyatt, you'll find 313 guestrooms and suites, 19,000 square feet of Conference Space, Outdoor heated pool and fully equipped fitness center. Automated Business Center available 24 hours, high speed wireless capabilities in guestrooms and function space, and Concierge Services. Knuckles Historical Sports Bar & Grill voted #1 Sports Bar in San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.