“Fantastic spot to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #83 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fantastic spot to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Great location with exceptional service! Breakfast was great with a big variety that was always fresh. Staff were friendly. Only thing constructive is for the hotel to have free wifi in the rooms (which is provided if you become a member of the hotel chain)

• Stayed December 2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Mccarthy73:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the delicious breakfast prepared by our executive Chef at Knuckles at the Wharf. Our employees will be recognized for the fantastic service provided during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is our 4th stay at this Hyatt. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. The check was quick, people were pleasant. It pays to join Hyatt for the free internet.

My only sticking point was Housekeeping did not take the previous occupants drink from the refrigerator. I called the front desk and asked for housekeeping to come and retrieve the drinks from outside the door ( one was a jamba type green tea drink that looked , well disgusting ) at 4pm, the drinks were there yet when we came back from dinner at 1030pm! Trays from room service were also left out in the hall for long periods of time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Good location,clean and tidy rooms,24 hr gym.Good bar and restaurant,with happy hour deals on food and drinks.Daily charge for wifi was only disappointing aspect.........Hotel sorted us out with return transport to hotel for a fee which included tip better than incoming cab and virtually same price.

• Stayed December 2012
Murcia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Really liked this hotel, great rooms, fabulous location for exploring the city, good food in hotel bar / restaurant, liquor a little expensive, but mostly the wine.
Will stay here again, family loved it, definitely recommend this hotel, rooms are great and quite luxurious, everything I expected.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint John, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Came here for business. I had just stayed at a Hyatt in LA a few weeks before and I wasn't very happy with it, but this one, I was very happy.

The rooms are nice, very nice bathroom with a big shower box. Updated rooms and nice size Flat Screen TV mounted on the wall. My room is right in front of the swimming pool, but it being December, I didn't get to experience a lot of traffic outside my room window. I was out of the room during the day anyways. The pool and hot tub looked cool and if the weather was nice would gladly take advantage. Oh, I did like having a water fountain outside my room, I was able to fill up my bottles everyday and not have to buy the ones the hotel provides :-) Location is nice, touristy area.. the breakfast buffet was very good. The city is pricy. The buffet for two, myself and my colleagues was $45 (including tip). the only thing was the valet parking, it was $45/day. It is more expensive to park the car than actually renting it. So, that is disappointing but I guess it is what it is. The room did come with a coffee maker which I think is a priority. I was happy that this Hyatt had it. Nothing else to say, the bar is nice and the service is very good. Enjoyed the stay here for sure. I hope this review helps :-) Cheers

Room Tip: Consider the location of your room versus the swimming pool versus the time of year you stay :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Clontarf, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Coming from Australia, i am used to hotel staff being honest about things that are left behind by hotel guests. I accidentally left my Gorrillapod (camera tripod) and universal adaptor in my hotel room and called the hotel after I had checked out and none of the staff reported them as found. For a high-priced hotel such as this, that was definitely disappointing and unforgivable! The service in the hotel was very poor with the concierge accepting a 10 dollar tip yet not even helping with getting our suitcase into the car. The room was very underwhelming considering the price I paid, the beds were too high (thank god I am tall) and the bathroom was so tiny. Being new to San Francisco, I wanted to be as close to the Wharf as possible, but really this hotel does not give any particular advantages (i.e. the view from our window was terrible). I hate this hotel with a passion and I would deter anyone from going here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're very sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory. It is our intention to deliver a great experience and on this occasion we failed. We hope you'll give us another chance to show you the true Hyatt touch. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
Burlingame, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed for one night this past Friday and my wife was left waiting over 30 minutes to check-in because the computers were down. We did get a bottle of wine and chocolates left in our room later to make up for the inconvenience, but I know a co-worker of mine did not and had to leave for our work event and check in later when he returned late at night.

Moreover, the room was small and a little bit run down. Paint and wallpaper were peeling in the bathroom. There was no table to eat the room service breakfast, we had to eat it on the bed. There was a flat screen TV in the room, but the service itself is not high-def, so it looks horrible on screen. The walls are paper thin, we were awoken to the sounds from the next room in the morning.

Also, while the valet service was good, its very expensive: the only parking is $45 overnight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate you highlighting areas of our hotel that require attention. Thank you for being patient with us during the system outage. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!