“Vagabond Inn by SF Airport” 4 of 5 stars

San Francisco Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   385 9th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103   |
Ranked #133 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Windsor,Ontario
“Vagabond Inn by SF Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn, which was only a few minutes from the airport ( not the Civic Center ). It was priced well and on the water front. There's restaurants within walking distance. Being so close to the airport, we thought it would have a lot of noise, but it wasn't. I would recommend this for short stays. It was clean and the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tania M, Manager at San Francisco Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are happy that you liked the hotel from the franchise, but this is not our hotel. Sorry! Happy a good day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having just arrived in SF and realising that our prebooked and paid accomadtion turned out to be a scam, we found the Vagabond Inn a few blocks over. The manager was extremely friendly and understanding. Being both students we were on a budget and we found Vagabond Inn to be great value for money. The room was cosy and clean with a beautfful sky window bathroom.
The neighborhood was close to everything as well as quiet. Complimentary continental breakfast and great customer service. I can honestly say I would recommend Vagabond to anyone visiting SF.

We truly enjoyed our time and appreciate the hospitality we received.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Andrew,

We truly appreciate your business and are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Hope you had a great trip overall.

Have a good day!
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I enjoyed the hospitality and friendly treatment I received. The hotel was very close to the seminar I attended at the Concourse Exhibition Center. I received extra blankets when I asked for them. The manager of the hotel treated me with kindness and helped me when I left some of my belongings in the room. I also needed special accomodation and that was made for me. I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff and management and would go back to this hotel again in the future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mr. Joey,

Thank you for your kind words. Please do choose to stay with us the next time you are in the city too. We really look forward to seeing you again! Hope your conference went well.

Thank you. Have a nice day!
COLLEGEVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed with a friend at the Vagabond Inn for two nights this past weekend. The price was very reasonable and the room was fine. Their continental breakfast was a bit light, but I found enough to eat. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you arrive late, you may not find a space to park.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tania M, Manager at San Francisco Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind words, we are in the process of making some changes, so we hope to have a better breakfast fare soon! We have made a note of it.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Hope you have a good day!
Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The price was little high, close to some clubs and downtown,room was not bad, new manger is very nice.parking is limited at night time, you could park on the street but watch for the street cleaning sign , you do not want to get a ticket .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you're coming in to San Francisco for a flying visit, perhaps for a night out and need somewhere cheap and cheerful to crash, the Vagabond is a good choice; it is competitively priced and within striking distance of the hip SOMA and Mission areas of the city. It's also within easy walking distance of Market Street and the Civic Center both of which are well served by the SF Muni, making it easy to get about, even late at night.

However if you are in town for a longer stay, the Vagabond is not the best choice. The rooms in particular are in desperate need of renovation. The heater, vanity area light and TV were all out of order. The room was drafty, especially in the bathroom which had a huge single-glazed skylight. There was an ironing board in the room, but no iron to use with it! The walls and linens were a little shabby. I was only here for a quick one night stay so could easily overlook this, but it'd bother me if I was staying longer.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming and on checkout the manager thanked me personally for staying with them. Service is half the battle, so based on this and the location would recommend the Vagabond if you're in town for a flying visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed for two nights. I didn't want to spend a lot, but wanted to be in downtown San Francisco. The Hilton it's not, but the room was clean with all the amenities I needed. Continental breakfast was okay - bowl of cereal a some yogurt and a cup of coffee and I was on my way! The manager greeted me and was very welcoming. That initial meeting made the difference for me.
No lounge, no restaurant, but a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to San Francisco Inn? Share your experiences!