I stayed here in June 2012 for nearly three weeks on a business trip. The hotel was selected and paid for by my employer, so I am really unable to comment on the value of the hotel compared to others available in San Francisco. The decor could have used a little freshening/cleaning (just signs wear and tear, like scuff marks on the walls). The room itself was clean, and the housekeeping staff were very friendly and accomodating throughout my stay (due to the duration of my stay, I had my room serviced only every other day). While I would have really liked to have a microwave in the room, which the hotel does not have an option for, there was a decent sized refrigerator. That, combined with the fact that there is a Whole Foods one block away, was very convenient for a long stay. Sleep quality was good- some street noise that was easily blocked with earplugs, but no real noise problems from adjacent rooms and the hallway. There were good transportation connections, to include the cable car, right outside the hotel. I mainly did a lot of walking for excercise, and if you can handle walking the hills, there are some nice restaurants in the neighborhood, especially on Hyde St. I gave this hotel only an "average" rating because although I was satisfied with my stay, I think that the location may be a bit less desirable for those who are visiting solely for tourist/vacation reasons. Also, although I found the location to be perfectly fine, there are some rough areas nearby if you walk the wrong way not knowing where you are going. This is common in any big city, but some people may find this a concern and prefer to stick to more "tourist friendly" areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn